Hello! Stopped Lurking and Joined up

Bobcat53

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I'm Karen. I have been lurking around here for some time, but could do with some support, so have taken the plunge and signed up,
Was diagnosed Type 2 4 years ago and followed NHS advice both on diet and non-testing, with the 'more meds needed and progressive condition' message ringing in my ears. OK, that didn't work, so disillusioned with lack of alternative advice, started to look around for my own answers. Lack of focus (also have recurring depression issues) has meant not a lot of progress BUT .... that was the past!
I've found you now, have read lots of threads and comments, loads still to read and feel I could really benefit from being here properly and joining in.
I'm committed to low carb and medium fat intake, I test very regularly to understand what foods are OK or not, I keep a food/BG diary and try to walk a fair distance each day. Taking Metformin, Gliclazide:(, and Simvastatin. Need to lose weight, learn more recipies etc, so you'll see my name crop up in a few forum areas.

Looking forward to 'meeting' you all. :)
Karen

Reactions: 6 people

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
Hi Karen, Welcome in lots of great advice and people willing to help if they can.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM KAREN.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Welcome Karen!

richard256

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being on call
Are lurking were you,I guess with the weather as it is,lurking can take your mind off it,Would you,describe yourself
As a proffesional lurked or just a keen amature.merry Friday Richard

Reactions: 2 people

KELI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Karen, I've been lurking for a while too and finally joined the forum last night. Already seen some good looking recipes in the what's your new addiction thread.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Karen and welcome to the forum. Any questions, just ask and someone will be able to help.

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi, I'm Karen. I have been lurking around here for some time, but could do with some support, so have taken the plunge and signed up,
Was diagnosed Type 2 4 years ago and followed NHS advice both on diet and non-testing, with the 'more meds needed and progressive condition' message ringing in my ears. OK, that didn't work, so disillusioned with lack of alternative advice, started to look around for my own answers. Lack of focus (also have recurring depression issues) has meant not a lot of progress BUT .... that was the past!
I've found you now, have read lots of threads and comments, loads still to read and feel I could really benefit from being here properly and joining in.
I'm committed to low carb and medium fat intake, I test very regularly to understand what foods are OK or not, I keep a food/BG diary and try to walk a fair distance each day. Taking Metformin, Gliclazide:(, and Simvastatin. Need to lose weight, learn more recipies etc, so you'll see my name crop up in a few forum areas.

Looking forward to 'meeting' you all. :)
Karen

Hi there Karen,
Well done for taking the plunge! Lots of support and advice on here.
Bx

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and well done. You are doing all the right things and I would expect both your weight and blood sugar to gradually come down

Im a newbie on here too. Been reading all the posts for about a month and a half and looking for dieting info etc. This is my first ever post too. My partner has type 1 diabetes and im currently undergoing tests for diabetes type 2. Doc says my fasting bloods after 8hrs are around 7.9 but wont make a diagnosis as he says my hcba1c isnt as high as my fasting blood. He wants to re test my fasting blood after 12-16hrs to see how high or low it is then. Been keeping a diary every time I eat of what and how many carbs and blood glucose before and after eating anything and emailed an entire months diary to my gp so he can get a better picture. A bowl of coco pops after 2hrs my bloods 18.3 but 2hrs after a piece of fish is only 7.1 average. For months I lived off porridge and shreddies. One bowl every one to 3 days. Just so I didnt feel ill. But then no energy so in bed most of the week. When I eat properly I feel like **** and sweat buckets and still no energy so I cheat and eat low carb diet and take amphetamines for energy. Not the best option. I'll eventually find a diet that works or hope doc finds some meds that mean I can eat properly