ITV 7.30pm this Thurs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
The Diabetes Epidemic.. Tonight programme...

Jonathan Maitkand investigating rusing levels of type 2.. Loat limbs, lost loved ones and free health checks...

Perhaps Jonathan Maitland might be interested in doing a follow up with type 2's that folllow nhs advice with eating lots of carbs.... To those that limit them.

This is a great opportunity to contact ITV n John Maitland for a follow up programme.. I'm not type 2, so no good me contacting ITV and Johnathan Maitland... I do know that it is possible though to get a follow up done....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thanks for the tip. I'll make a note to watch it.

Great idea about contacting him for a follow-up. there are plenty of people here with the knowledge and experience. Volunteers?

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Just send him a link to some T2 success stories on here.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Somebody would need to list volunteers willing to talk about nhs diets v lchf aspects...-and to direct to ITV and Johnathan Maitland.. He bound to tweet...

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
What might be best is someone who still has Type 2 but has lost lots of weight on LCHF who might show before and after, blood results AND maybe help quell the propaganda that Type 2 dabetics are all fat, it's their own fault for overeating and they are costing the NHS loads of money. It will be interesting to see what take the programme has but I doubt I'm alone in feeling there is a building 'moral' condemnation of T2s (I think it is often this which hides behind the comments that T2 isn't the 'serious' one). How manytimes do we see pictures of overweight people on TV while we are reminded that the 'obesity epidemic' is costing the country as it 'causes' heart disease, high blood pressure and T2 diabetes?

Oops. That was quite a rant.I hadn't realised quite how angry I am about it!

Reactions: 6 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Totally agree... There needs to be a follow up to these programmes...

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I
The Diabetes Epidemic.. Tonight programme...

Jonathan Maitkand investigating rusing levels of type 2.. Loat limbs, lost loved ones and free health checks...

Perhaps Jonathan Maitland might be interested in doing a follow up with type 2's that folllow nhs advice with eating lots of carbs.... To those that limit them.

This is a great opportunity to contact ITV n John Maitland for a follow up programme.. I'm not type 2, so no good me contacting ITV and Johnathan Maitland... I do know that it is possible though to get a follow up done....

I have missed it, but I will try to watch it on ITV + 1 at 8.30pm

mj14

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just watched it and am seething. I am not fat/overweight/have extra girth around my middle as they say is the norm and I have always been told by the experts that once a diabetic always a diabetic! U can keep it under control if u bring ur HbA levels down but it isn't like a virus that u can just be cured of. X

Reactions: 5 people

eastcoastphil

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People obsessed with themselves and anyone who looks down at me. Take me as I am or go annoy someone else.

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
It could have been better, or worse. It seemed really quite simplistic.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Jonnymaitland tweeted.....anybody unhappy wirlth show should do the same...

phil169

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
ok my t 2 runs in family grand parents, parents 6 brothers and sister all t2 on insulin any follow up on this angel and why its running in the family??????? NO so are we all fat NO so y do we all have t2??????? and why we all end up on insulin??????? I would say that I am the biggest in or family with a bmi of 24 (5ft 8 in) 11st does that make me fat/overweight/have extra girth around my middle I don't think so.(well may be just a bit of a girth around the middle lol.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Have you seen the 4 questions for diabetics thread? If you answer honestly the research might make a difference in the future.