Help! I have so much weight to lose

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks peacetrain, it's so nice to have people who understand me, not just about diabetes but all the things associated with it too.

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks peacetrain, it's so nice to have people who understand me, not just about diabetes but all the things associated with it too.
Hey, zand
We are with you.
You often say the things I have been thinking, but don't have the courage to post.

Reactions: 5 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I see some 4.7s and 4.8s during the week. Usually when I'm ready for my evening meal. My personal experience is that around 5 or below I feel a bit woozy. I know others cope fine at that level but I don't seem to. I had it a lot when I was taking metformin but now I feel better. I've just had a Zand snack and also just under 2g carbsworth of 85% chocolate. It will be interesting to see what my reading is in the morning. Not ready for bed yet.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
I like the 'Zand snack', do you think it could make the dictionary one day?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So when you've done that listen and bop around to Katrina & The Waves' "Walking on Sunshine".

(says he having listened to The Smiths' four albums back to back yesterday ...)
Never got around to Katrina & The Waves today.....did find 3 Snow Patrol CD's though.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Zand, don't beat yourself up about the loose skin, I lost weight so quickly my skin couldn't keep up so I am a bit wrinkly in places, buy hey ho I can cover that up and nobody sees it (only my Hubby who prefers the new slimmer me despite the wrinkles lol.) After a while your skin will tighten up again with a bit of toning in the right areas. You have done so well it would be a such a shame to give up now, and you will feel so much better in the long term.

Keep at Zand you are doing great.

Marilyn x
thanks Mazzer, Yes it would be a shame to give up, I am shocked that I want to, but I won't give up. Thanks for the kind words. My hubby prefers me slimmer too, I am surprised he has noticed.

Reactions: 4 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I love cake , chocolates, ice cream , chocolates, chocolates oh and chocolate.
I also love chips.
I do cheat sometimes but usually just a little bit.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Its ok . I find if I have a mouthful then thats enough ...usually lol.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's my steps. Not good this week. I haven't been able to motivate myself much since my holiday. Pedro also went awol again and I wasn't that keen on finding him.
Tues - 14699
Weds - 10181
Thurs - 0
Fri - 0
Sat - 2444 (part day)
Sun - 4718
Mon - 8686

I went out walking at 5.30 this morning and met a couple of people, so that was just about perfect. I still don't like it when there are too many. I've started using my left arm as much as possible, e.g. lifting/carrying shopping, carrying watering cans, ironing. The reason my left arm is so weak is because I haven't used it enough since I had really bad tennis elbow. It is aching slightly this morning, so that's got to be good.

I am going to have to sort out my clothes properly soon, because nothing I find to wear fits now, including bras. Yay! Now that's something I'm really looking forward to, smaller, prettier bras. I've got a nasty feeling I threw a lot of my old (but newish) ones out. No, I can't have, can I? I'm a hoarder after all......they must still be here somewhere......

I got an email from my son in Brazil this morning. He thoroughly enjoyed the Germany v Portugal match yesterday and is delighted he has seen 10 goals so far. He says the organisation over there is dreadful; the big screen wasn't even up when the fans were piling in to watch the England match. He likes Salvador itself though, except the nightlife isn't brilliant (or maybe that's just what he's telling me!) I think he and his friend may be going on a trip now for a couple of days before the next match. I am getting a little nervous about him being on his own next week in Recife, which he tells me is the 'murder capital of Brazil'. Thanks son.

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
I have lost 4 1/2 stone since October just been on holiday all inclusive I tried to be sensible at meal times eating salads with a bit meat and fresh fruit for dessert just weighed myself I have put 10lbs on I'm gutted but back on the diet hoping I can get the 10lb off pretty quick if I'm extra strict with myself

Type 2 diagnosed 2010 1 metformin twice a day

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lost 4 1/2 stone since October just been on holiday all inclusive I tried to be sensible at meal times eating salads with a bit meat and fresh fruit for dessert just weighed myself I have put 10lbs on I'm gutted but back on the diet hoping I can get the 10lb off pretty quick if I'm extra strict with myself

Oh, no that's horrid. My husband usually puts on weight on holiday, although he is slim anyway and loses it easily when he gets home (probably due to the fact that my cooking is awful). Did you fly? Maybe some of your weight is water retention? Do you drink enough? I'm asking this because I don't and I have to be really strict with myself to make sure I drink water at all. I'm sure yours will come back off quickly now you are home and putting your mind to it again, although it doesn't seem like you were really 'off-diet' on holiday, so weight can be a bit unfair sometimes can't it?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Oh, dear. Rotten thing to face after a good hol. You have to look at the bigger picture though, 4 1/2 stones since October is amazing, and you will no doubt lose the 10lbs soon too.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This week I have lost 4lbs making a total of 28lbs in 11 weeks.

I also got 2 certificates, one for losing 2 stones and the other for losing 10% of my bodyweight - now that's the one I wanted.

Now I think I'm going to bed because I'm not feeling too well.

Reactions: 9 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay you did club 10!!

Well done. I used to stick my stickers on the fridge rather than in their books. More motivating that way.

I found a pair of jeans I've not worn for five years. I'm in them today! Feels great to know I'm now the size I was after my first daughter was born. That sounds a bit odd but it's an achievement!!

X

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I also got 2 certificates, one for losing 2 stones and the other for losing 10% of my bodyweight - now that's the one I wanted.

I know it's stating the obvious, but that equates to 2.5lb a week. Bearing in mind you usually struggle to lose, plus you had a great, relaxed holiday in the middle, I'd call that quite a result!!

Just moisturise, moisturise, moisturise that skin and it'll have the best chance of shrinking its maximum amount.

Onwards, and downwards?

Reactions: 8 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Well done, zand.
Hope you soon feel better.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know it's stating the obvious, but that equates to 2.5lb a week. Bearing in mind you usually struggle to lose, plus you had a great, relaxed holiday in the middle, I'd call that quite a result!!

Just moisturise, moisturise, moisturise that skin and it'll have the best chance of shrinking its maximum amount.

Onwards, and downwards?
Always good to moisturise from the inside too. Drink lots of water.