Washing machines!!!!

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
O washing machines are a sticking point in our cottage. .. It stopped taking water a few years ago .. So made a hose and funnel contraption that would fit in the washing powder draw .. So you have to stand with the water going in .. It can do the rest .. When it gets to the rinse it works fine .. Keep saying to her in doors we will by a new machine .. She says it's only 15 years old .. There's lots of life left in it yet ... Just pleased she doesn't give up on old broken things or I would have been out years ago :)

Hope your wife feels better soon and keep up the good work

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Best oven I got wasn't one... But two single ovens one above the other... But the top oven has a roll under door to gain full access to both ovens, no trouble. They both have grills etc and full functionality.. Best bit is that the top oven if you get a supposed "double oven" is only 1/2 size and I just used to use as a grill or plate warmer...

I love my two single ovens, one on top of the other...well recommended..

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1404668234.323573.jpg

When being put in..... But two full size ovens... The best ever.. Best purchase ever made!!

Loving life

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
i hate all these womens rights, i say put up a camp bed in the kitchen right next to the machine, then extend the washing line through the kitchen window with a pulley, women really need to be less selfish, you would think she`d consider all the tv time your missing out on while you doing her jobs

all the best on her speedy recovery :)

....for both your sakes
Andy, I am horrified at your post. Just wait till @pip comes back off holiday! We shall take your dinner money again and with the proceeds send flowers and choccies to @brett better half!
Mr scandi says that mrs Brett's timing is poor as Brett is missing out on lots of the sport! Mr scandi is now in the dog house - lol! :rolleyes:
Hope your wife gets better soon!

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
When the white goods fight back and the going is tough

I try to think out when enough is enough.

I work out the price and the cost of repair

and I wonder if paying will get me the spare

Then I ask if the whole thing is worth the trip

‘cos up the road they will hire me a skip
Squires a poet
But doesn't know it!
:D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
My husband too is having to do a lot as I'm currently "broken" as my grandchildren say. I have sciatica down my left leg and torn ligaments in my shoulders.
How you set up a washer depends on its particular programming, but there is a "universal" programme if your machine can do it. Wash everything at 30 deg. C and don't spin faster than 1200 RPM. That will clean anything without damage. If you also use a non-bio powder or liquid for wool and silk and a bio for cottons and synthertics, you'll be fine. Then sort your wash by colour. ie. red/pink together. black/navy together. Whites alone. mid blues with greens. Just think what would happen if the colours ran together.
Hana

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
It looks to me like the ancient Egyptians had similar washing instructions to us.
I feel your pain.

220px-Egypt_Hieroglyphe4.jpg
purex-laundry-help-app-6-338x600.png

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm sure there's more.
Now, not that I mind helping out the home with housework etc but, with the wife recovering from an op, having to do more than I usually do around the house. Cooking, cleaning the usual, then I met my washing machine, why is there so many options to do 1 job. Why isnt there a universal button to just put anything in and wash them!!!

Drying the clothes is fairly straight forward.
Look for the two rollers with a large handle on the side.
This is called the mangle.
You scrunch the clothes through it by slowly t ... it's good exercise too ....

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Washing in this house is OHs responsibility. The washing machine is in the cellar, along with the cats (semi feral) and the mice which they are supposed to catch. I don't go there.

minidvr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Politics, Celebrity Life Styles being pushed as the ideal.
I found the solution to washing machine use. Find a cool wash and sort clothes by colour and wash each category on a cool wash and haven't had any problems. Wife laughs at me, but I point out that I can program the the TV and Sky box, which she has issues with. Live and let live I suppose.

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Brett I hope your wife is fully better soon. You are being a very brave soldier taking on the washing machine while she recovers.

Recently had to get a new machine. Old one was washing fine but not spinning. If I took everything out and put it back in it would then spin ok. Eventually even this didn't work. The machine was only three and a half years old and cost €600. Rang the store I bought it from to get a repair guy out. He told me that my brand of machine had a fault with the bearings and that most of them over 2 years old were causing problems. The company was claiming full responsibility and thankfully the store replaced my machine at no cost. Went with a different brand just to be safe!