Bullet proof coffee!

andy1971

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
peas and doctors... well you asked!
I understand the idea behind this but why would anyone do that to their body? I can almost feel my arteries harden just watching the video!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I understand the idea behind this but why would anyone do that to their body? I can almost feel my arteries harden just watching the video!

The video is silly.
That is not what the rest of us are meaning when we talk about bulletproof coffee.

When I make a cup I drink a large mug (probably 400ml) of cafetiere coffee, made to my taste, with about a tablespoon of unsalted butter and a tablespoon of coconut oil. The blended drink has about the same consistency as a latte.

I could use a bit more butter or oil if I wanted, but that would be richer than I would enjoy.

The guy in the butter-mug video was either taking the mickey or he is a fool.

Reactions: 2 people

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I tried some myself yesterday before a long bike ride, mug of espresso with a spoonful of coconut oil.

Not an unpleasant taste at all, but I managed to burn the roof of my mouth with scalding fact and coffee.

Reactions: 4 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Love my fat-coffee every morning quality coffee made in a cafeteria 40 g of coconut oil and 45 g butter then mix well and it looks like a latte, sustain until my afternoon coffee and then some hours later my dinner, keep me in ketosis. Regarding sat fats it's time for everybody to learn that they're not harmful and doesn't cause cardiovascular diseases (caused by inflammations fueled by sugar and omega 6 rich fat)..

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I agree, bulletproof coffee is amazing.

But I wouldn't want to have it every day - for the reasons listed in @catherinecherub 's article.

And I definitely wouldn't make it with instant - it does terrible things to my BG.

@JACKTHELAD , did you monitor your BG through the 6 hours of driving? Maybe you are luckier than me, and instant coffee has no negative effect.
Yes I'm good with instant coffee ... bullet proof in fact!
I have it about three times a week.
Those who are wary just make one up ... look at it and take a wee sip ... chuck it away if it's baaaaad.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I tried some myself yesterday before a long bike ride, mug of espresso with a spoonful of coconut oil.

Not an unpleasant taste at all, but I managed to burn the roof of my mouth with scalding fact and coffee.
Gotta be careful with facts ... some people don't like them at all.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Gotta be careful with facts ... some people don't like them at all.
:facepalm:

can't beat a scalding hot fact, right between the eyes!

Tried some this morning wit butter and coconut oil, let it cool down a bit this time. That and 3 oatcakes with PB kept me happy from 0700 to 1300.

Hasn't cured my trypos though

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
TRied this again this morning alongside my berries, seeds and yogurt.

Anyone else reckon that the fats alter speed of caffiene absorption? It seemed to be much quicker on me this time.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
TRied this again this morning alongside my berries, seeds and yogurt.

Anyone else reckon that the fats alter speed of caffiene absorption? It seemed to be much quicker on me this time.
Was it caffeine absorption or the faster energy absorption from (MCT) coconut oil?

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only

Thought you knew the since with arteries and that cardio vascular disease are caused by low grade inflammation caused by glucose and fructose intake as well as omega 6 high vegetable oils.