Dissapointed

Bazzza

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Was watching telly and for ages all I was thinking was "I want biscuits" so I got up, went to the shop and bought a small pack of bourbon cremes. I loved these years ago and often milled a whole pack with a cup of tea. So when I got home I made tea, opened them up and ate a few. Jaysus! talk about a massive let down, they tasted poxy!! I don't know if it was because I've gone awhile now without eating anything with as much sugar or as sweet etc, but the taste was ****, didn't taste like chocolate and the whole experience was ****. I ate about 5 in total, I took some insulin prior to eating them, but just after those few I already feel stuffed. Well at least I can say I wont be eating or tempted to eat them again.

Reactions: 3 people

AndyOD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
eggs
Everyone's trying to save money even bourbon's aren't what they were.

Reactions: 5 people

rubold

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How much insulin did you need to cope with 5 biscuits? That was probably about 70g carb and nearly all sugar. I know we all need a treat occasionally, but I would never have eaten as many as that even before I was diagnosed.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How much insulin did you need to cope with 5 biscuits? That was probably about 70g carb and nearly all sugar. I know we all need a treat occasionally, but I would never have eaten as many as that even before I was diagnosed.

That is YOUR opinion. Just because you wouldn't eat them it doesn't mean no one else can.

It's is actually approximately 45-50g carb of which around 20g is sugar, not that it matters.

Personally, I have 3 biscuits at a time. That's purely because it's what my mum always gave us as kids so it's a habit lol

Reactions: 13 people

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I eat an even number of biscuits... because I don't like eating an odd number. Varies between 2 and 6

Reactions: 13 people

AndyOD

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
eggs
I'll tell you what send me nunbers 1,3,... and I'll eat them for u LOL.

Reactions: 11 people
D

Deleted member 83869

That is YOUR opinion. Just because you wouldn't eat them it doesn't mean no one else can.

It's is actually approximately 45-50g carb of which around 20g is sugar, not that it matters.

Personally, I have 3 biscuits at a time. That's purely because it's what my mum always gave us as kids so it's a habit lol
Exactly my point too lol! We was the same when I was younger well 2 biscuits and if we were lucky an extra one but if he bolused for it and doesn't do it all the time then what's the harm? My younger brother lives on bourbons ha...and he's as fit as a fiddle!

Everyone's different.

Reactions: 2 people

moz1

Wagon wheels my favourite or Jaffa cakes good... Come to think of it most biccies with a cup of tea are ok! Lol

Reactions: 2 people

bluebel1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liars
Wagon wheels my favourite or Jaffa cakes good... Come to think of it most biccies with a cup of tea are ok! Lol
IMO a drink's too wet without one(at least 1,biscuit that is!)

Karen xxxx

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
If I wasn't a type 1 it would be chocolate hob nobs for me all the way and at least 4.. they are the bomb !!

Reactions: 3 people

lely

I'm personally more of a cracker fan, so easy to just eat half a pack. And I don't care how much carbs are in them. if I want them I eat them.
That's what carb counting is about anyway isn't it.
I know it puts you daily carbs up by around 70 a day but it's not all the time.

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Could and would have done the packet before I was diagnosed. :facepalm:

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Was watching telly and for ages all I was thinking was "I want biscuits" so I got up, went to the shop and bought a small pack of bourbon cremes. I loved these years ago and often milled a whole pack with a cup of tea. So when I got home I made tea, opened them up and ate a few. Jaysus! talk about a massive let down, they tasted poxy!! I don't know if it was because I've gone awhile now without eating anything with as much sugar or as sweet etc, but the taste was ****, didn't taste like chocolate and the whole experience was ****. I ate about 5 in total, I took some insulin prior to eating them, but just after those few I already feel stuffed. Well at least I can say I wont be eating or tempted to eat them again.
Can you pretty please sent me the rest of the packet. :D

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It is strange the things people crave My daughter is in Africa at the moment and asked what she would like to be taken out by a visitor with a small amount of space in their baggage she wanted Hobnobs and Marmite !! We managed to find Marmite in a squeezy bottle :)
CAROL

DonnaC-T

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had sedation on Sunday and after the procedure the nurse offered me a hot drink and something to eat. The 'something to eat' was a mini pack of three bourbons. I've not eaten anything like that for a year and a half. Then the woman in the next bed didn't eat hers so the nurse have them to me too. I are four in total. About 4 hours later at home, I suddenly went 'I had bourbons!!!' I hadn't realised until then. Lol they were lovely :) x

Reactions: 6 people