Status
Not open for further replies.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday
B. Well brunch really
Bacon fried egg mushroom 1 Tomato sausage ....and some rather delicious ( but not sure if its low carb ) black pudding.
Weak cocut oil and cream coffee.Snack few brazil nuts ....
Dinner ...mozzarella cheese And salad ...raspberries and single cream .

Hi,
I love Black Pudding but don't have it now, as it is High Carb. Did you test after ,as it would be interesting to see whether it had an effect.
Neil

alliebee

B. Cheesy scrambled eggs
L swiss cheese mushrooms and salad
Home made chicken kievs
Green beans and sugar snap peas
Prob raspberries and cream later

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast black pudding turkey bacon egg mushrooms
Lunch chicken tikka slices from Asda Mexican babybel type thing soya latte
Dinner pub quiz night so probably steak salad in the pub might share a few chips

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: yoghurt and raspberries
2nd breakfast at work: bacon, tomatoes and mushrooms
I've been feeling really low and miserable today, don't know why. Just wanted some comfort food so for lunch had mince and dumplings with cabbage and mashed potatoes
Snacks: popcorn and some profiteroles and cream. *sigh* I will pay for this later...
Haven't had my evening meal yet, might justvhave some ham and cheese

Reactions: 5 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - 1 beef tomato, 6 black olives and 30gs of German smoked cheese with teaspoon of olive oil - this is my new favourite breakfast,
L - tuna salad
D - chilli salmon with broccoli, and peas/runner been in a herb butter sauce and a small portion of poached trout

1 square of dark chocolate ewwwwww gave the rest to my house mate who dunked it in his coffee and ate the rest of a large bar and is now moaning he feels sick lol

Reactions: 6 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B - 1 beef tomato, 6 black olives and 30gs of German smoked cheese with teaspoon of olive oil - this is my new favourite breakfast,
L - tuna salad
D - chilli salmon with broccoli, and peas/runner been in a herb butter sauce and a small portion of poached trout

1 square of dark chocolate ewwwwww gave the rest to my house mate who dunked it in his coffee and ate the rest of a large bar and is now moaning he feels sick lol

I like the sound your breakfast might pinch your idea!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We just did the shopping.

Wish I had got olives.

Very jealous.

Breakfast: coffee with cream
Lunch: 97% sausages and two Nairns cheese oatcakes
Snack: 3 squares 70% choc
Dinner: crustless quiche, 2 more oatcakes, green beans, and then a couple (cough) of these:

http://www.food.com/recipe/low-carb-breakfast-balls-98774

Which are even better than expected. Astonishingly good, in fact. Prep took less than 5 mins. I got 28 balls out of the batch, baked for 25 mins at 190 degrees. And I'm set up for a week of breakfasts. Or snacks for 2 people for a week. They freeze. And I am in love. Could bury an olive in each one!

Mr B loves them too. He said that he would marry me if I made these every week, for ever.
Good thing we are already married, eh? Now I can have a week off, occasionally...

May have berries and cream later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi,
I love Black Pudding but don't have it now, as it is High Carb. Did you test after ,as it would be interesting to see whether it had an effect.
Neil
Hi I am not diabetic so no testing .

I joined this forum in the hope of support on my low carbing journey which I might add has been great..

Reactions: 4 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I am not diabetic so no testing .

I joined this forum in the hope of support on my low carbing journey which I might add has been great..

Hi, are you saying your not diabetic at all, or are you pre or borderline.

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast black pudding turkey bacon egg mushrooms
Lunch chicken tikka slices from Asda Mexican babybel type thing soya latte
Dinner pub quiz night so probably steak salad in the pub might share a few chips

Hi told someone that black pudding is high in carbs, but I see you eat it, does it not spike you at al.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi told someone that black pudding is high in carbs, but I see you eat it, does it not spike you at al.

Can't say that it does really. I only have a small slice now and then. I didn't test today as out but think last time I was at 6 after two hrs and I'd been in high fives pre breakfast.

alliebee

Today I'm mostly going to be making a batch of chicken and leek soup. Its almost magic in lowering my bg...its warming and filling too

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
So far today
B - Burgen soya & linseed toasted with cheddar cheese.

L - oops ran out of Burgen in a rush so had Warburtons Thick White toasted, before reading 5.2 2 hrs later 6.8 surprised by this.

D - will be ham , cheese & eggs

Have a good evening all

alliebee

B bacon and eggs
Lunch a small chicken salad
Supper will be my chicken and leek soup..its cooking now delish smell around the house
Will have with a slice of rye sourdough bread

Reactions: 8 people

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had s late breakfast / early lunch of bacon mushrooms tomato and egg and for dinner an avocado with vinaigrette dressing followed by Aubergine baked in oven covered In tomato frito garlic and mozzarella cheese delicious !!!
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1417546147.722059.jpg

Reactions: 12 people

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Greek yoghurt with raspberries, blueberries, flaked almonds and sprinkling of flax seed
L - 10g of Blue stilton cheese, 2 celery sticks, half avocado with pine nuts and splash of balsamic vinegar
D - roast chicken, 4 x Good Little Sausages (1.6g for 2) on a bed of buttered wilted spinach, savoy cabbage
raspberry sugar free jelly

1 square of Lindt 90% dark noir chocolate

BS +2 after breakfast = 6.3

+2 lunch = 5.1

+ 2 dinner = 5.9

Reactions: 10 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast scrambled eggs
lunch cheese portion and sliced spicy chicken from M and S and soy latte 1 sq dark chocolate
dinner lamb chops, mushrooms, green beans and 3 potato wedges.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you feeling a little better tonight?

still a bit shakey and achey which is usual after a bad attack( think it makes my fibro worse) but I got on my exercise bike and did 20 minutes and three mins sit ups. Thank you for asking. It is very kind although I feel such a moaner sometimes when I think of you with your MS. XX

Status
Not open for further replies.