20 weeks scan x

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey everyone .

So this morning we had our 20 weeks scan , I have been so nervous I could of cried .
Wow it's so amazing what you get to see at 20 weeks and we have a perfectly healthy baby , everything she saw she was happy with and managed to get all the checks done were both so happy .
We nearly walked out team yellow as at first she thought 'x' then she thought 'y' so told us she couldn't tell us what baby was so we was like oh ok :( had one more go and she said she isn't 100% certain and to double check at our 28 weeks scan but she 'thinks' it might be a boy .
So for the next 8 weeks were going to say boy , but could all change in 8 weeks lol !

But we're not bothered were so happy the baby is healthy and doing well , also had my diabetic appointment after and they are pleased with me and we also got to listen to heartbeat again this time was tricker as baby was a wriggler , so over all we have had a fantastic day . Were so excited now lol .

Hope everyone else is doing well

xxx

Reactions: 4 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Lovely story, keep looking after yourselves, have a good new year.

Reactions: 2 people

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great news cloe! Huge congrats. Are you feeling those movements yet? It's so special once you do.
Have a great New Years celebrating (those mocktails are great)!
Xxx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news cloe! Huge congrats. Are you feeling those movements yet? It's so special once you do.
Have a great New Years celebrating (those mocktails are great)!
Xxx
Hey jess , thank you sooo much , it's such a huge relief when you find out the work is paying off and bubby is healthy best feeling in the world .
I have been yes , how amazing are they lol ? Fiancé still can't feel them his like **** lol .
Hope you and baby are doing well , take care , and a happy new year to you too .

xxx

Frenchy Girl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Talking about my diabetes (wonder why I'm here then...)
Congratulation Cloe and a Happy New Year and All the Best to you and the baby to come....

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Frenchy girl , gmzlita , sofies

Thank you all so much :):):) x

Lolli24

Hey everyone .

So this morning we had our 20 weeks scan , I have been so nervous I could of cried .
Wow it's so amazing what you get to see at 20 weeks and we have a perfectly healthy baby , everything she saw she was happy with and managed to get all the checks done were both so happy .
We nearly walked out team yellow as at first she thought 'x' then she thought 'y' so told us she couldn't tell us what baby was so we was like oh ok :( had one more go and she said she isn't 100% certain and to double check at our 28 weeks scan but she 'thinks' it might be a boy .
So for the next 8 weeks were going to say boy , but could all change in 8 weeks lol !

But we're not bothered were so happy the baby is healthy and doing well , also had my diabetic appointment after and they are pleased with me and we also got to listen to heartbeat again this time was tricker as baby was a wriggler , so over all we have had a fantastic day . Were so excited now lol .

Hope everyone else is doing well

xxx

Ah that's so lovely!! Glad all is well! I have mine on the 16th xx

JessP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Cloe,
How're you getting on? How many weeks are you now? Just a short message to say that I had our baby on 6.2.15, Rosie Eva, weighing 6pnd12oz.
I was induced at 38weeks for reduced movements and after 24 hrs my waters broke and I delivered very quickly afterward with a wonderful normal delivery. Can't believe how normal it all was despite the diabetes! I had hoped to avoid a sliding scale in labour but I ended up with hypos I couldn't bring up due to awful nausea so gave in and am glad as I was not in a state for doing it myself at the end! ;)
I hope it's all going well with you. Please let me know how you get on.
BW
Jess xxx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ooh, just read this! I've been lurking here for ages due to nervousness about my pregnancy, and only now started posting a little.

Congratulations, Jess! Lovely news!

So nice to read about your normal delivery. Sometimes the constant talk about diabetes can make you a bit paranoid. It was great to read that your daughter was a normal size too. I keep worrying I'll give birth to a huge baby.

Enjoy your new baby and best wishes again -

Azure xx

Cloe-1992

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Cloe,
How're you getting on? How many weeks are you now? Just a short message to say that I had our baby on 6.2.15, Rosie Eva, weighing 6pnd12oz.
I was induced at 38weeks for reduced movements and after 24 hrs my waters broke and I delivered very quickly afterward with a wonderful normal delivery. Can't believe how normal it all was despite the diabetes! I had hoped to avoid a sliding scale in labour but I ended up with hypos I couldn't bring up due to awful nausea so gave in and am glad as I was not in a state for doing it myself at the end! ;)
I hope it's all going well with you. Please let me know how you get on.
BW
Jess xxx
Jess :)

CONGRATULATIONS !!
This is amazing news , sending you and your partner and your new baby girl massive hugs ! You sound like you done amazingly well . I'm so happy for you and your little family . Lovely name choice by the way , sounds such a pretty name , and what a lovely birth weight .
Can not believe how your birth experience went , definitely sounds a lot nicer for you than what we torture ourselfs with .
It only feels like the other day you said you was 28 weeks and going for your growth scan . Can not believe you've completed your pregnancy journey . So exciting . Well enjoy every second of it and all them cuddles your having now with your little baby . Can not wait to be at the stage you now are .
Were 26 weeks today things seem to be going very well so far lol , got our first growth scan on the 25th and hopefully can find out what sex baby is this time lol , and hopefully all is still going well in there .
Take care , have fun :p
xxx