Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
6.2 totally expected full portion sweet potato fries yesterday evening, normally only 1/2 a portion.

But they were delicious

Reactions: 22 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 seem to have stuck there for 3 days but did have a 4.9 before evening meal

Reactions: 24 people

WeeFergus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty to humans and animals.
Good morning all. I had a fasting BG reading of 6.1 this morning after a 5.8 reading at bedtime last night.

Reactions: 26 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Good morning all :)

5.1 this morning :)

PS: 50 days off the cigarettes now (Happy Vaper) :)

Jim, I stopped after over 40 years of cigs last November, been vaping ever since slowly lowering nicotine content.

Well done & keep with it.

Reactions: 16 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cor blimey guv'nor

6.2 fasting. Been a slow steady rise over the week. Now to got to work getting it going in the other direction.

Well done on the fags @scottish-jim. Outside of Cockney land it's quite easy to forget that people still smoke. Up there you can't escape it especially round the pub exits or just walking in the streets as people nip out of their offices for a crafty gasper.

Ciao

Reactions: 24 people

oldman1954

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who dont signal when they are turning left or right.
Morning all 6.7 this morn after a bed time reading of 9.4 :(

Reactions: 23 people

copey399

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Punched the air this morning with a 6.3. My lowest morning test since being diagnosed and only a week and a half into the LC/HF diet. :D

Reactions: 30 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Morning all 6.7 this morn after a bed time reading of 9.4 :(

Chin up @oldman1954. We all have those numbers now n then. They're a pain, but keep plodding on. Wishing you well hun. X

To make you smile. X

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 18 people

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Punched the air this morning with a 6.3. My lowest morning test since being diagnosed and only a week and a half into the LC/HF diet. :D
I share your happiness, its a great feeling to find that things are going in the right direction. May you have many more air punching episides.

Reactions: 20 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Got a little problem folks. Not sleeping great, so got up at 5am....fasting BG at that time was a nice 4.8. Can't eat brekkie straight away, so had a handful of cherries to whet my appetite. Pottered around, But darn it...another stinking headache. That's my cue that my BG is on the slide. I don't get any other classic hypo warning signs apart from the splitting head. Anyway, Lo & behold, I tested & it was 4.1. No meds had been taken. Made some toast with peanut butter, which has helped, but feeling grotty still. No idea why BG is dropping as it is, but I don't like it!!! Any thoughts on how I can manage this more effectively would be very welcome. Thank you all. X

(Oh, if you haven't already checked it out...take a look at the thread below. It'll make you feel good.
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/have-a-smile-on-me-x.80529/ )

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 13 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

Hey, well done you. It's a great feeling when you start to see the results of your hard work paying off in good BG levels. X

Reactions: 10 people
Status
Not open for further replies.