35 weeks pregnant , OB is not talking about steroids !

Pooja80

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi ladies,
I m 35 weeks , my OB is saying they will induce me between 38 to 39 weeks . And he is not talking about giving me any steroids injection to mature baby lungs ?
I m really worried if her lungs will not mature ?
At 38 weeks baby's lungs get mature ?
anyone one who delivered without steroids?

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Stop worrying, baby will be fine. Babies are born early all the time without steroids. I was induced 5 days before my due date and my son was fine.

Reactions: 2 people

hels

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Both mine were induced at 38 weeks with no steroids and no problems. 37 weeks is classed as full term.

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had my baby at 37 weeks with no steroids. I was told I'd only need steroids if baby was delivered before 35/36 weeks.

What you've been told sounds perfectly normal :)

Reactions: 4 people

maryamy1994

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arogance, Bullies, Rudeness, Discrimination towards diabetes
I've had steroids even though my baby will be 37+5 when born not sure why but I wouldn't think you'd need steroids for that late.. Trust the doctors they know what they are doing! X

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Maryamy, that could possibly have been because you're having a C section? I vaguely remember my consultant saying about that very early in my pregnancy.

M

mammamia2006

I had a c-section at 38wks and no one even mentioned anything about steroids to me.

Pooja80

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks all for replying n make my nerve calm a lot .. As progressing to due date , getting really nervous ...

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
I didn't have steroids when I was being induced at 38 + 6 with no. 1. I only got steroids part way through labour (and they said they wouldn't have enough time to work) when my waters went at 33+4 with my twins. I had asked the midwife about them at the beginning but she then ignored me for 2 hours and came back to find me 5cm.... Amazingly despite the fact babies are not meant to be able to breathe by themselves at that gestation both of them could. There is something in what they say about diabetes speeding up things.

Good luck.

Reactions: 4 people