what do people do about the clocks going back?

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
Do you change the clock setting on the pump in the morning?

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Over the years I've tried before bed and first thing next morning. I find the morning change much smoother for my BG. I do tend to lie in a bit on Sundays so I just change it as soon as I wake up and not had an issue.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I was always taught to change last thing at night as that's the time when less insulin is needed. So all I do is change the clock at bedtime and make a minor adjustment to the basal to cover any shortfall. I forgot last night so did the adjustment at 1.30AM as had crept up to 8

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Changed mine on waking.

Victorri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a hypo at 1:44 so changed it then if not I would of done it when I woke

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
this was my first clock change -- to be honest i didn't really think about it until I got up to do a test at 4am ( now 3am )
i was a bit concerned as I was 11.5 and it recommended a 2.9u bolus and now with an extra hour till morning i admit i didn't sleep easy the rest of the night.-- was ok though at the new 7:30 with a 7.7
adjusted the clock then too :)

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This was my first clock change admittedly I forgot to do it last night so I did mine first thing when I woke up but I was hypo so will probably change it at night time next time, my basal rates differ quite a bit in the morning so probably best I do it before I go to sleep.

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I change the pump time before bed but always make sure I'm not changing from one day to another. I did this once and spent ages trying to set the correct date (this was with the Veo, but I wasn't going to risk it last night with the 640G).

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Changed mine in the morning as always - no problems

iHs

Dare to be different lol........I just change mine by 30mins for 2 weeks and then by another 30mins. This gives my body time to adjust to the new daylight level without too much hassle

Reactions: 2 people

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I just change mine the following morning. I've always done this as I feel happier and sleep better not having to worry or check if it's had any effect at night.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
did mine yesterday evening, forgot about it all day and didn't want to do it in a way that would look like I'd taken odd readings. Made sure it was after my post meal test.

Spicey245

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Working full time, fairground rides or anything which makes too much adrenaline!
My coat click change too and I was in Lanzarote at the time! Lol! Think I changed my last thing at night before bed. :)