‘Stop Eating After 7pm’ Challenge

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rose to the challenge once again on Thursday evening and met our self-imposed 18.00 target. I still feel pleasantly full at well past bedtime.

Good night all.

Reactions: MissMuffett

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Missed our self-imposed 6.00 pm target on Friday evening, but met the 7.00 pm challenge with time to spare and I still feel pleasantly full at well past bedtime.

Night night all.

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6:45 but I’m just about to have a decaf with cream. Does that count?

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Perhaps our self-imposed target of 6.00 pm is a step too far at weekends, but we met the 7.00 pm challenge on Saturday evening with time to spare and I'm still feeling pleasantly full at well past bedtime.

Night all.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
LoL. Yes, of course it counts! @MissMuffett
If too hot to have straight away, I suppose you could always leave out the cream and drink it black. Black coffee is allowed after 7.00 pm, isn't it?
Black coffee - yuck! I’ll give myself a slap on the wrist and make sure I have coffee with cream before 7pm ;)

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Rose to the challenge once again on Sunday evening and met our self-imposed 6.00 pm target. I still feel pleasantly full at well past bedtime.
Good night all.

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Black coffee - yuck! I’ll give myself a slap on the wrist and make sure I have coffee with cream before 7pm ;)
On mulling this over @MissMuffett, I wouldn't want to drink instant coffee black, but the flavour of an espresso is more intense than say, filter coffee, because of the finer grind and the lower grounds to water ratio. Some Arabica coffee beans taste sweet to me when brewed this way, but that has to be an illusion.

I'm not sure I could fall asleep after an espresso that late in the day. It would deliver a powerful dose of caffeine. just at the point when we want to wind down, so that could be problematic.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Met the 7.00 pm deadline on Monday evening with heaps of time to spare and I'm still feeling pleasantly full at well past bedtime.

Good night all.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I never drink instant coffee now @LivingLightly and buy whole beans online from rave, grind them in my lovely grinder and brew in a clever dripper, it’s become a bit of a ritual. They have a delicious swiss water decafe which I drink if I want one anytime after 2pm!

Reactions: LivingLightly

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7:30 for me. I just wasn’t hungry. I did contemplate not eating at all but then started to feel peckish at 7 so had scrambled eggs

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I never drink instant coffee now @LivingLightly and buy whole beans online from rave, grind them in my lovely grinder and brew in a clever dripper, it’s become a bit of a ritual. They have a delicious swiss water decafe which I drink if I want one anytime after 2pm!
Thanks for your reply @MissMuffett.

I adore coffee and enjoy its preparation and accompanying aroma almost as much as the drink itself. It does become a ritual, as you say.

When our machine was on the blink recently, I made my coffee in a cafetière. It does the job, but it's not quite the same. Thankfully, our coffee machine is now up and running once again.

I fervently hope the world's nutritionists continue to agree that coffee is diabetic friendly!

• Love