1-1 Cambridge diet

joann15648

Apologies uve searched but couldn't find much info.
Is it wise for a type 2 insulin dependant diabetic 17 stone, diet ok but could be better, does 30-45 min evercise 3 to 5 times acweek to start the above diet? My sugars are in tge range of 12 to 15 most days even if i eat healthy i just cant get them down. Thevweight is piling on andvthe insulin increasing. I just want to be a healthier weight, less insulin and liwer readings. Thanks in advance

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome to the forum.

First of all, what do you consider a healthy diet?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies uve searched but couldn't find much info.
Is it wise for a type 2 insulin dependant diabetic 17 stone, diet ok but could be better, does 30-45 min evercise 3 to 5 times acweek to start the above diet? My sugars are in tge range of 12 to 15 most days even if i eat healthy i just cant get them down. Thevweight is piling on andvthe insulin increasing. I just want to be a healthier weight, less insulin and liwer readings. Thanks in advance

Joan, my understanding is the 1:1 Cambridge is the Cambridge Diet with 1:1 support?

My greatest concern would be that your mentor/coach may not have any understanding about T2 diabetes, or, more importantly, a person using insulin to help control their condition.

If you want a guided regime, with support, I would be inclined to suggest you have a look at this site's Low Carb Programme. It is a programmed designed to help you understand your body and condition better, and to help you embed eating regimes helpful to your T2.

The programme has mentors and a history of many T2s being able to significantly reduce or even stop using their insulin.

Although this sounds like a heavy sales pitch, I do have to mention that there is currently a significant discount on the membership. It is currently on offer at £21 for a whole year (usually £70 for the year, or £17 a month).

Please do have a look at it. The whole programme was developed for people with T2, prediabetes, and obesity, so very tailored to your needs.

It is NHS approved too.

https://www.lowcarbprogram.com/

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. Be aware that most of the 'branded' diets have too many carbs and are based on PHE nutrition advice which is not good advice for us, so be very careful. All you actually need to do is have a low-carb diet with enough fats and proteins to keep you feeling full. If the Cambridge 1:1 talks about low-fat and carbs with everything then walk away. Note that weight gain when on insulin is almost certainly due to too many carbs and what happens is you become insulin resistant and it becomes a vicious circle as the insulin become less effective and you need to inject more.