10 year type 2 says Hi

bbigH

Dislikes
miserable people
Hi
I have been type2 for 10 years now and try to follow the advice on here having previously followed my doctors starch diet.I was put on pioglitazone 6months ago having been on the maximum metformin and gliclazide plus felodapine lisinaprol and statins for high bp.On thusday 4/3/2010 i am having an angiogram because of chd.I came off the pioglitazone a month ago(it put 2 stone on me in a month i also had irregular heartbeat and angina.Following the advice on diet from this forum ie low carb blood sugars are much better.Wish I had this information earlier.This is my first post and hope I will be around to post others.Thank you for a great forum .BBigH
bbigH

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi bbigh.
Welcome to the Forum. Look forward to reading your posts. Any questions, just ask, there is usually somebody with an answer here.

Ken

bbigH

Dislikes
miserable people
Hi hana and thanks for your welcome,Ive had my angiogram now and things are not as bad as first thought (by cardio consultant) I can carry on with Bisiproplol and other drugs instead of urgent bypass surgerey(Phew) for erratic heartbeat and angina.Have been taking notice of comment on this board and have controlled bg and weight better on low carb diet.Will keep in touch now I have a better prognosis for the future so once again thanks to you and others for advice and a feeling of belonging to a community I didnt know existed.
BBigH

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya bbigh and a really warm welcome :D

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hello BBigH and welcome to the forum. :D

Glad to hear that things are looking up! 8)