10 years and not coping

nigelho

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,
Please ask either you present team or your new team about being put on a DAFNE course. The course is excellent for type 1s and is done within a small group of diabetics, so you get great 1-1 help and you will gain plenty info to carry you forward. My course was 5 days for 1 week but there is another where you can do 1 day for 5 weeks. Good Luck.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Every long march starts with the fist step.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Some amazing posts here - one thing said by Annabelle is try to change your mindset and try to become more positive about this, this will help you get better at self management- you are unique and incredibly special, you are an expert at this, so whatever small change you make today will have a positive outcome. Also your moods will improve with better bg control too so there is a silver lining.

If you need a chat then drop me a PM, more than happy to impart any knowledge I have, your not alone ;)

Laurajane0512

Thankyou to everyone for the advice. I made an enquiry a couple of years ago about the DAFNE course but I was embarrassed about others seeing my high blood sugar levels! I think I will definitely contact them again!