12 hr fasting test hypo advice

Bw2534

I’m being tested for diabetes insipidus - not related to diabetes Miletus I am having to fast for 12hrs tonight so no food or drink and I’m worried about the possibility of non diabetic hypos as I do get them randomly or when fasting and I obviously can’t treat them during the fasting period.
Does anyone have any tips of what to do?
My endocrinologist wasn’t worried about anything above 2.5 so deemed this safe but I’m concerned.
The test is also being done at home and my sugars go down to 3.2 and I’m symptomatic.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I’m being tested for diabetes insipidus - not related to diabetes Miletus I am having to fast for 12hrs tonight so no food or drink and I’m worried about the possibility of non diabetic hypos as I do get them randomly or when fasting and I obviously can’t treat them during the fasting period.
Does anyone have any tips of what to do?
My endocrinologist wasn’t worried about anything above 2.5 so deemed this safe but I’m concerned.
The test is also being done at home and my sugars go down to 3.2 and I’m symptomatic.
12 hours over night is not that long if you eat immediately before you start the timer... most people are in bed 8+ hours.. have some fast acting glucose with you monitor your bg after getting up and if you go hypo you'll just have to abort the test..

You may fell a little rough but most people won't pass out at above 2.5

Bw2534

12 hours over night is not that long if you eat immediately before you start the timer... most people are in bed 8+ hours.. have some fast acting glucose with you monitor your bg after getting up and if you go hypo you'll just have to abort the test..

You may fell a little rough but most people won't pass out at above 2.5

Thankyou yeah overnight should be ok it’s just the thought of it, I’ve just had a flapjack so hopefully that will keep things good it’s just the morning part really and not being able to treat it before 8:30. The bloods aren’t glucose they’re electrolytes and stuff like that.