18/6

Flair

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hello

I am insulin resistance I think can t loose weight also not with low carb.

I am trying now 18 hours fast daily or 20 and then only 2 meals.

How low does it take for insulin to stop being so high.

And my Next question do you have to fast the rest of your life what can you do after this?

I do eat carbs in my meals. But spelt Bread and spelt pasta. No fruits. Is this okay? Low carb did not work any way so I read if is about not eating longer periods not about not eating carbs does anybody know how this works? Am I doing it Wright.

My fasting insulin was 16 mu/l the rest of my blood is good glucose trigleceride hbac1 5.1 is my insulin resistance mild?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi @Flair
We really cannot answer the question accurately because we can't measure how high or why you have insulin resistance.
I do know that insulin resistance will improve over time doing low carb, higher fat lifestyle. It could be a few weeks or a few months depending on what you eat or don't eat! Your insulin levels will drop according to not triggering the insulin in the first place by eating very low carb.
Until you find your balance through testing and experimentation, you will be only guessing, as I am!
Fasting is really beneficial if you can do it, it helps with the balance of hormones and your body doesn't have to put with digesting all the time, it's akin to sleeping, I feel better after a good sleep, also feel better after a fast. It helps with symptoms.
How you do it, by whatever method you try, is individual, like your diet.
I would suggest doing intermittent fasting and low carb, this works for me.

Best wishes