Type 2 2 insulin and tablets

ilove2boogie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all this Los my 1st post so please forgive me if got it wrong.. doh!
Last year I was diagnosed T2 iv always been fit and never over weight and healthy water.. tho if taken steroids for 10 years as i have a condition called sarcoidosis. Last year my b.s. was pretty much around 5- 8 each time I tested and was taking 33units of insulin in morning and 8 units at 5pm
However early this year they started to rise to 11 - 14 ish with no change in diet and has increased slightly sometime going into the 20s

So after seeing my nurse as i thought.. she said iv become insulin resistant .. so she advised that I keep using the insulin with the same units but start taking metamorfin.. 500g after evening meal.. so after 2 nights my m s has shot up to about 17 19 each time I test.. no change in diet ..

Is this normal ???
She also suggested an injection once a week but iv totally forgot what its for..

So sorry the long story but any insite would greeeeat ... Shane confused xx

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all this Los my 1st post so please forgive me if got it wrong.. doh!
Last year I was diagnosed T2 iv always been fit and never over weight and healthy water.. tho if taken steroids for 10 years as i have a condition called sarcoidosis. Last year my b.s. was pretty much around 5- 8 each time I tested and was taking 33units of insulin in morning and 8 units at 5pm
However early this year they started to rise to 11 - 14 ish with no change in diet and has increased slightly sometime going into the 20s

So after seeing my nurse as i thought.. she said iv become insulin resistant .. so she advised that I keep using the insulin with the same units but start taking metamorfin.. 500g after evening meal.. so after 2 nights my m s has shot up to about 17 19 each time I test.. no change in diet ..

Is this normal ???
She also suggested an injection once a week but iv totally forgot what its for..

Hi there Ilovetoboogie - It's not usual for Metformin to cause a rise in blood sugar levels. It won't usually lower them much, but can have a positive impact on how our bodies use insulin; whether our own natural insulin, injected, or a mixture of both.

Are you otherwise well at the moment? As you probably already know, and infection or the like can boost the pesky blood numbers up a bit.

Otherwise, maybe best give your nurse a quick call if this carries on more than a few more days, without any other clues.

Good luck with it all.