Type 2 2

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow
Hi I'm back after several months. As I'm not getting support from my GP I've started taking my bloods again
They have been so erratic highest 17 today down to 10. I've just started walking again as I hope it will help. It certainly has helped my blood pressure. I have a love of fruit I know it's bad for me.

Reactions: Happyhomelands

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you on any diabetes medications?
Fruit really isn't a wise choice, but raspberries and strawberries are reasonably OK in small quantities.
Can you give us an idea of what you are eating in a typical day? We may spot something.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A while ago people were always told to have blueberries as a suitable fruit so why are they not recommended anymore. When I was first diagnosed a couple of years ago everyone seemed to be told to eat greek yogurt and blueberries as a good low carb breakfast so has something changed.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A while ago people were always told to have blueberries as a suitable fruit so why are they not recommended anymore. When I was first diagnosed a couple of years ago everyone seemed to be told to eat greek yogurt and blueberries as a good low carb breakfast so has something changed.

Blueberries is high carb as much as an apple or pear

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sure dozens of diabetics here must have consumed pounds of blueberries as all newbies were told they were ok to have as opposed to other fruits

NaijaChick

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a handful of blueberries and raspberries with unsweetened soya yogurt every day. It actually drops my BG. I think everyone reacts differently to different foods so keep testing yourself.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am sure dozens of diabetics here must have consumed pounds of blueberries as all newbies were told they were ok to have as opposed to other fruits

I have a few (maybe 10) blueberries with Greek yoghurt and they don’t spike me. I suppose it’s easier to have a small amount of them as against an apple or pear, when you’ll most likely eat the whole fruit.

EDIT to add the carb count for blueberries: 20g (a heaped tablespoon) 1.8g carbs

Reactions: ickihun

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blueberries 13g per 100g approx
Raspberries 5g per 100g approx
Strawberries 6g per 100g approx

I tried blueberries several times in yogurt and had to abandon them. I am fine with raspberries and strawberries.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have a handful of blueberries and raspberries with unsweetened soya yogurt every day. It actually drops my BG. I think everyone reacts differently to different foods so keep testing yourself.
I cannot take soy products due to thyroid problems.
So yes, we are all different. Testing tells you everything you need to know, for your body @Pinkorchid .