QPR to go down!

Reactions: 3 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well we got a point! The journey home was a lot better than it might have been. When we stop to eat at services on the way home we always give the players scores out of 10. Chambers was the only one to get 3 sevens, so he was our Arsenal man of the match. I haven't seen MOTD yet, surely Everton's 2nd goal was offside? Referee was bad and so were Arsenal, still the singing was good. Come on Ozil you need to do more and is Debuchy really a full back? My husband said that even I could beat Giroud in a sprint lol. One really good thing is that I am no longer turned into a frightened wreck thinking that I am going to be injured again when Arsenal score. Yesterday I was jumping up and down with the rest of them and wasn't scared when people were pushed into me. Lots of hugs from those around us too, so let's forget the first 80 minutes and call it a great game.

Reactions: 7 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Got back to the car and switched radio on, they were talking about Leeds losing 4-1 at Watford and saying that Hockaday should never have been appointed manager......well yes, this was painfully obvious to some of us from day 1! Still at least Forest Green got a point at Aldershot on Friday evening and are still 2nd in the Conference.

fatgirl1965

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who don't look after their pets
Got back to the car and switched radio on, they were talking about Leeds losing 4-1 at Watford and saying that Hockaday should never have been appointed manager......well yes, this was painfully obvious to some of us from day 1! Still at least Forest Green got a point at Aldershot on Friday evening and are still 2nd in the Conference.
Morning Zand, glad you enjoyed the Everton/Arsenal game, my partners a season ticket holder at Everton and he came home very grumpy last night! He's still going to watch it all over again on telly this morning though. I sometimes go with him to the away games (went to Leicester last week) but having a frozen shoulder am left quaking when Everton score. I have to but my hand over my shoulder and duck down with the hope that I won't get jumped on - I still enjoy it though! Good luck to Arsenal.in the Champions league this week :woot:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Zand, glad you enjoyed the Everton/Arsenal game, my partners a season ticket holder at Everton and he came home very grumpy last night! He's still going to watch it all over again on telly this morning though. I sometimes go with him to the away games (went to Leicester last week) but having a frozen shoulder am left quaking when Everton score. I have to but my hand over my shoulder and duck down with the hope that I won't get jumped on - I still enjoy it though! Good luck to Arsenal.in the Champions league this week :woot:
Morning, thank you!. I have to say Everton outplayed Arsenal for 80 minutes, so we were overjoyed at the result. Yes there were a lot of grumpy Everton fans walking away from the ground! Our singing was good though, and I have a husky voice this morning. Looking forward to Leicester now. Oh, yes Besiktas......getting nervous already.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Has any team in any division ever lasted the whole season without winning a match?
If not, then this season Blackpool may well claim that record. I will donate a cup. (a chipped one).

I cant recall any team lasting a whole season without winning a single match you are talking about 46 matches in a season thats an awful lot of matches in which to at least win a small handful.I dont think anyone has every finished a season on Nil points.Theres been quite a few had points deducted for one thing and another but even them have managed to get some + points.I dont quite know whats happening at Blackpool they dont seem to be doing much as yet do they.Early days yet still 42 matches to play.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm not going to let Huddersfield or Tranmere walk my dog, clearly neither team can hold on to a lead........

West Ham ran out comfortable winners today (wonder how many times that'll happen this season!) but still weren't first on Match Of The Day, I don't think we'd be first if we were the only team that played

It was a game of two halves for both Chelsea and Arsenal.

It's early days yet but my money's on Leicester and Palace to go down.

Interesting to see how badly Fulham are doing in the Championship, Magath surely is living on borrowed time

Hang on a mo we(Huddersfield) did very well to hang on to our lead we did loose a man you know at the start of the 2nd half.I dont think any of of our fans could have faulted the performance other than getting a man sent off something that should never happen.Once you get a yellow common sense says be careful.

Reactions: 4 people

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Yep Leeds are very disalusioned with Hockday and want him out.
I bet Fulham are pig sick too and wont be too long before they too sack a manager.
We still have to appoint a new manager and theres a lot of speculation flying round as to who it will be.Strong contender is Alex Mc Cleish oops cant spell that name.Bookies make him a firm favorite.Who ever gets the job Deano will be backing him but at the same time he wants a good return on his money which of late hes not been getting since Simon Grayson got us promoted.I live in hope that we will find a good un and come out smelling of roses and power away from the bottom end of table.UTT

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hang on a mo we(Huddersfield) did very well to hang on to our lead we did loose a man you know at the start of the 2nd half.I dont think any of of our fans could have faulted the performance other than getting a man sent off something that should never happen.Once you get a yellow common sense says be careful.
You only had one man sent off? Your world seems so much better than mine!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Not an impressive performance by Man U, at this rate I can't see them challenging for the title this season.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Not an impressive performance by Man U, at this rate I can't see them challenging for the title this season.
I have seen better at youth level!
The problem with utd is they have not got enough quality in key areas and are miles behind the other top clubs, there will be many agents waiting for the panic buys at the end of the transfer window.
The manger has also too many mid table premiership players that cannot gel together . Van Gall has huge problems getting a team together that can beat the other top clubs.
Four years ago, that would have been a bad result today!

Reactions: 5 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Morning, thank you!. I have to say Everton outplayed Arsenal for 80 minutes, so we were overjoyed at the result. Yes there were a lot of grumpy Everton fans walking away from the ground! Our singing was good though, and I have a husky voice this morning. Looking forward to Leicester now. Oh, yes Besiktas......getting nervous already.[/QUOTE

Hope you enjoyed your trip to scouse land and your good but lucky draw at the bluenoses. How did you find the away part of the ground?
My first trip there was over 50 years ago! A cup game that the rovers played getting beat 2-0. Have been there since many many times. The Superwhotes have even won there! The blues will be near the top come the end of season!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@nosher8355 I did enjoy it very much. We walked 7 miles in total (from near the ground to the Everton 2, Liverpool 1 shop and back and around a bit) I also managed to run up the 42 steps to the upper tier. This is my fitness target for matches 1. run up any steps. 2. walk at least 3 miles during the day. It was my 4th visit to Goodison and we were upper tier again , which is much better than that silly lower tier arrangement. I wasn't frisked either because there were no women stewards at our entrance. Yes it was a lucky draw - very lucky!!! I think Everton is one of my favourite grounds to visit, especially now I've lost a couple of stones and can fit through the turnstile more easily!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
How did you enjoy Liverpool 1? Bit young for me. Did you see the women in pjs and curlers? It is always packed in town. Lots of shops though. My favourite is forbidden planet on Lime Street.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I read it wrong you went to the club shops not the modern shopping mall down town! Doh!
So a walk around Stanley Park?

Have you seen the new plans for Anfield?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How did you enjoy Liverpool 1? Bit young for me. Did you see the women in pjs and curlers? It is always packed in town. Lots of shops though. My favourite is forbidden planet on Lime Street.
yes I liked it, nice atmosphere (strange accents! - it was good to get safely into the away end and be able to understand what was being said). It's the first time I've been able to walk to the shops and back. No you didn't read it wrong, we went to both shops, including the modern shopping mall., Liverpool 1. Family have been there before but until I had my heart op I wasn't well enough to walk that sort of distance, (yes I know we could have taken a taxi, but it's not as good as walking there and back) We ate in Byron which was good 'cos I found something suitably low carb. Hubby pointed out the 'Littlewoods' statue outside Primark.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I read it wrong you went to the club shops not the modern shopping mall down town! Doh!
So a walk around Stanley Park?

Have you seen the new plans for Anfield?
No I haven't seen the plans for Anfield.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
yes I liked it, nice atmosphere (strange accents! - it was good to get safely into the away end and be able to understand what was being said). It's the first time I've been able to walk to the shops and back. No you didn't read it wrong, we went to both shops, including the modern shopping mall., Liverpool 1. Family have been there before but until I had my heart op I wasn't well enough to walk that sort of distance, (yes I know we could have taken a taxi, but it's not as good as walking there and back) We ate in Byron which was good 'cos I found something suitably low carb. Hubby pointed out the 'Littlewoods' statue outside Primark.
Ye wot? Your ear needs re-synching to get the gist that you are not in a foreign country. We have lots of statues planted everywhere around town nobody notices them! We have some great history and some horrendous history concerning our area. Lots of museums and tourist thingies and the nightlife is on the par of Newcastle! Some great theatre and restaurants and the top hotels as well! It is a lot cheaper than that there London!

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ye wot? Your ear needs re-synching to get the gist that you are not in a foreign country. We have lots of statues planted everywhere around town nobody notices them! We have some great history and some horrendous history concerning our area. Lots of museums and tourist thingies and the nightlife is on the par of Newcastle! Some great theatre and restaurants and the top hotels as well! It is a lot cheaper than that there London!
The thing is when I tried listening to a couple of conversations to see if I could understand the accents, I got the gist of one of them quite quickly, then I realised that's because it was in French not Scouse.

Your Islington isn't as good as ours though! Seriously, we like Liverpool, always have, just don't get to go there unless it's for footie.