1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

2015 London Marathon - Type 1 Diabetic.

Discussion in 'Diabetes Events' started by jskaife87, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Good luck, it's a fantastic thing to do :D

All the best RRB :)

2. jskaife87

jskaife87 Type 1 · Active Member

Thank you! Yes its going to be quite an achievment, One of those life achievements that iv always wanted to do!

Still looking for donations :)

Thanks all!

x

3. jskaife87

Evening, hope some more fellow type 1 diabetics can get behind me!

i know its Xmas soon but any donation big or small is greatly appreciated!

Would anybody be interested in an online competition? It would be guessing my finishing time? For example, 5 hours, 4 hours etc

Will cost £5 to enter and there will be a prize too?

Let me know ya'll thoughts

x

4. jskaife87

[​IMG]

Good morning all,

I'm a Type 1 Diabetic for the last 16 years and iv reached that stage in my life where I feel I need to achieve something GRAND. So I have decided to run the 2015 London Marathon and although this is going to be a huge challenge for any Type 1 diabetic, I'm sure you would all agree with me that its going to be a rewarding one!

Unfortunately I cant raise money for Diabetes UK as there were no spaces left, so I am going to be running for a charity called KAB (Kent Association for the Blind) http://www.kab.org.uk/

They help and assist people living with impaired vision to live as normal life as possible. I live in Kent, so its great for me to be raising money for a charity which is local to myself and in fact they help people affected by sight impairment caused by Diabetes.

What I am asking from members of this forum, which has a huge audience, is a £1 donation. I am aiming to raise £1500 for this charity. You can donate here:

https://www.justgiving.com/Skaife

or

You can text SKAI66 £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

To be frank, i don't actually expect anyone to donate, i'm a complete stranger to you all, but i am hoping you might get behind a fellow Type 1 Diabetic with this huge challenge ahead and help me raise some money for charity (which is a good thing at the end of the day)

Many thanks to all that have read this post, and many thanks to all that make a donation!

Jason
    Type 1 Diabetic

5. Bebo321

Bebo321 Family member · Well-Known Member

Hey there,
    Good luck with your challenge!
    Have you thought of joining the Sporty diabetic type 1's Facebook group? Lots of help and advice there if you need it.
    Take a peek at: www.teambloodglucose.com

6. jskaife87

Thanks for the above! very much appreciated!

In case anyone would like to sponsor me im almost at my target

www.justgiving.com/skaife

Please help me smash my goal!

Thanks
    Jason

xx

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook