2017/2018 Football Season

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Yes it was great to be able to sing '1-0 to the Arsenal' again! Very nostalgic and fitting for the occasion.
We really enjoyed it! A real party atmosphere. Wenger did his official Goodbye before the match which you probably saw on TV. What you probably didn't see was that several of us stayed to watch the Huddersfield 'staying up' celebrations and then chanted for ages. Nearly all the Huddersfield fans had gone, we watched Arsene do the press conference on the big screen and kept chanting long afterwards until finally he came out to us again. He went all along our stand shaking hands with those crammed at the front and looked shocked and moved by the whole experience. It was lovely - what football should be about. I am so pleased that we decided to stay till the very end because a lot of gooners went home after the Huddersfield lap of honour thinking that Wenger wouldn't come back to see us again. See - we really are avid fans!!! :D

Whilst we were waiting for Arsene to come back a Terriers fan held up a child's Arsenal shirt with Ozil on the back. Then pointed to his little lad who promptly put the shirt on. The dad went to the Arsenal fans nearest him and asked them to sing the Ozil song for his boy. We all did, then the stewards let the father and son walk across the front of the Arsenal stand chatting and shaking hands with all the fans.

Stopped at Holmfirth on the way back. A great day out - and the sun shone too. :)

In which case you'd see the back end of the Folk festival activities here in good old Holmfirth. :) Yep that's where I live dear old Homfirth or rather in an outlying village :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Welcome back to the football league Tranmere. Really pleased for you :singing::singing::)

Hi all, sorry for the delay but I've not been able to log in as things have been slightly manic, as well as the long, long weekend, winning and having to clean the mess that happened after, it's been hectic finding time to distance my own family business and spare time to report in.
All I can say is, How the hell did we win?
10 men after 50 seconds!
Battling away, having to make three subs first half,
Scoring early on, fighting tooth and nail, playing against twelve, because I don't believe that the ref, really wanted us to win! (We have had him a few times, and it's not been good!)
They equalise ten minutes into first half injury time, when only six minutes were held up by the fourth!
Half time, two of our staff sent to the stands for verbal abuse.
The gaffer turned the game and tactics, changed the mood in the dressing room, told all we were gonna get another chance and we did with ten minutes to go, the players kept their cool and discipline and game managed the win after another extended injury time!
I've never seen a Rovers team so determined and an unbelievable display of courage and tenacity. We won it because of the work rate, the strength of heart, the incredulous determination to frustrate the opposition, to limit them to very few efforts, the incredible team work and the detail of how to play our opponents.
Hats off to our staff. And of course the players!
I can't describe what happened next, it was amazing!
The emotion of it all was truly awesome, the win against all odds, in adversity, winning in the playoffs was so desperate and so needed for a club of our standing!
Three long years in the wilderness, we are back! (Wow!)

For me personally, to be on the bench at wemberley again, to be part of the background staff, to share the experience of actually winning at that place, because I'm a fan first, I nearly killed myself when the winner went in.
Being part of the after celebrating, on the pitch and the ground on the Sunday.
Getting covered in champagne, congratulating the players and staff, just being a part, was incredible! Singing in the dressing room, bouncing around and being involved in a wemberley win.
So different from the year before! (We are gunning for you @zand and @Cumberland .)
My final words, the supporters were incredible, my family, (15 of them) went, were texting me all day, taking photos, and got together on Sunday. To celebrate,
The Super white army, never stopped all game and made up for the sending off and became an extraordinarily boon to the players. The noise was incredible. They sang, cried, cheered, supported the lads so much. There were over thirteen thousand of us in the ground. Truly a remarkable turnout for a club from the national league.
They were incredible!
We are back, it's a long time coming, and I've suffered for so many years, being a supporter and the emotional impact on our club has been profound. Up to date, four thousand season ticket sold!, our average attendance was five thousand give or take this season!
I am the luckiest man this week! In all my hopes and dreams, my weekend was truly remarkable, for someone like me! (For so many reasons!)

Woo hoo!
Just how did we win that?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
DF10317F-3902-458A-92DA-1164F60D4DA0.jpeg

Our dressing room before game

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi all, sorry for the delay but I've not been able to log in as things have been slightly manic, as well as the long, long weekend, winning and having to clean the mess that happened after, it's been hectic finding time to distance my own family business and spare time to report in.
All I can say is, How the hell did we win?
10 men after 50 seconds!
Battling away, having to make three subs first half,
Scoring early on, fighting tooth and nail, playing against twelve, because I don't believe that the ref, really wanted us to win! (We have had him a few times, and it's not been good!)
They equalise ten minutes into first half injury time, when only six minutes were held up by the fourth!
Half time, two of our staff sent to the stands for verbal abuse.
The gaffer turned the game and tactics, changed the mood in the dressing room, told all we were gonna get another chance and we did with ten minutes to go, the players kept their cool and discipline and game managed the win after another extended injury time!
I've never seen a Rovers team so determined and an unbelievable display of courage and tenacity. We won it because of the work rate, the strength of heart, the incredulous determination to frustrate the opposition, to limit them to very few efforts, the incredible team work and the detail of how to play our opponents.
Hats off to our staff. And of course the players!
I can't describe what happened next, it was amazing!
The emotion of it all was truly awesome, the win against all odds, in adversity, winning in the playoffs was so desperate and so needed for a club of our standing!
Three long years in the wilderness, we are back! (Wow!)

For me personally, to be on the bench at wemberley again, to be part of the background staff, to share the experience of actually winning at that place, because I'm a fan first, I nearly killed myself when the winner went in.
Being part of the after celebrating, on the pitch and the ground on the Sunday.
Getting covered in champagne, congratulating the players and staff, just being a part, was incredible! Singing in the dressing room, bouncing around and being involved in a wemberley win.
So different from the year before! (We are gunning for you @zand and @Cumberland .)
My final words, the supporters were incredible, my family, (15 of them) went, were texting me all day, taking photos, and got together on Sunday. To celebrate,
The Super white army, never stopped all game and made up for the sending off and became an extraordinarily boon to the players. The noise was incredible. They sang, cried, cheered, supported the lads so much. There were over thirteen thousand of us in the ground. Truly a remarkable turnout for a club from the national league.
They were incredible!
We are back, it's a long time coming, and I've suffered for so many years, being a supporter and the emotional impact on our club has been profound. Up to date, four thousand season ticket sold!, our average attendance was five thousand give or take this season!
I am the luckiest man this week! In all my hopes and dreams, my weekend was truly remarkable, for someone like me! (For so many reasons!)

Woo hoo!
Just how did we win that?

You’re very excited and so you should be

A return to the league where you belong and quite right too

Tranny a proper league club well done

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
You’re very excited and so you should be

A return to the league where you belong and quite right too

Tranny a proper league club well done

Cheers, I have just realised what we have achieved!
Being a fan, awesome!
Being part of the day, exhilarated!
The celebrations, wonderland!
The afters, unbelievable!
The realisation, two weeks holidays, then pre season mayhem!

Every supporter, Every well wisher, every one this side of the Mersey and of course those that have any connection to the club is absolutely elated, that we are back!

Still hasn't sunk in how we actually won that game in those circumstances, tastes sweeter tho!
Must rate as best ever!
It doesn't get any better.

Reactions: Cumberland

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Huddersfield Town and England World Cup legend Ray Wilson MBE has died aged 83.

The defender, who played 283 games for Town and scored six goals during a 12-year spell, was signed by Bill Shankly and quickly became the club's established first choice left-back.

He remains Town's most-capped England player - picking up 30 before a move to Everton in 1964 and he eventually ended his international career with 63 caps.

Wilson went on to play for Oldham Athletic and then became caretaker manager at Bradford City before his footballing career came to an end in 1971.

After football he set up an undertakers business in Outlane and was a regular face at Town home games, making the short from his house in picturesque Slaithwaite with one of his two sons, Russell, 58 or Neil, 56.

The former FA Cup winner was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2004.

Another great footballer gone to the great football club in the sky. RIP Ray a true legend :(

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@jay hay-char I'm glad you're staying up. We like the trip to Southampton. We're swapping Swansea for Cardiff which is good too :)

Yep and either Villa or Fulham as well as Wolves. Hoping it will be Villa cos I don't like Foolham :D

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yes we did! :) It's a beautiful place to live John. :)

Thanks yeah its an ordinary little Town to us local folks and was aimed at the tourists shopping wise is too damned expensive apart from the Coop and Sainsbury's convenience store we have to go to Huddersfield for big shop :)

Reactions: Cumberland and zand

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Don't mind which one. Villa is closest for us, but Fulham is quite a nice trip. So glad it's not Middlesbrough! :D

Derby would have been our closest but seeing as they aren't in it no more Villa is nearest :D That would make 3 Midlands trips Villa, Wolves and Leicester. :D

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
FA Cup day. Not sure who I want to win. Good luck to them both :)

Usually if it’s a northern team v a southern team I lend my support to the northern team but ........ we’re talking Man Utd so I hope they lose

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep we're supporting Chelsea today too.... because we prefer Conte and Giroud to Mourinho and Sanchez lol.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well done Chelsea :)
Just the play offs to come next weekend and that's it for another season on this forum. Anyone wanna start a forum for the World Cup ? :):D
2018/19 forum will start nearer the time :)

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I see that David Wager has signed a new deal with the Terriers. In my view (and in spite of the fact that Saints were mooted as a possible suitor) I think he's done the right thing rather than moving to a new job with a wealthier club and risking getting the chop after a few months if it doesn't work. Having survived the drop, I think he can make a strong case for building up the team to be a regular fixture in the Prem, at which point maybe he can look at being seduced by the deeper pockets of one of the Top Ten :)

I'm not wild about Mark Hughes - although he has pulled us out of the fire this season - but other options are limited and I suspect he may be in the Chair at St Mary's for the new season. I just hope he doesn't do a Stoke on us :eek:

Reactions: Cumberland

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I see that David Wager has signed a new deal with the Terriers. In my view (and in spite of the fact that Saints were mooted as a possible suitor) I think he's done the right thing rather than moving to a new job with a wealthier club and risking getting the chop after a few months if it doesn't work. Having survived the drop, I think he can make a strong case for building up the team to be a regular fixture in the Prem, at which point maybe he can look at being seduced by the deeper pockets of one of the Top Ten :)

I'm not wild about Mark Hughes - although he has pulled us out of the fire this season - but other options are limited and I suspect he may be in the Chair at St Mary's for the new season. I just hope he doesn't do a Stoke on us :eek:

Yeah I think Wagner is committed to the Town he loves the club and has an amicable relationship with Dean Hoyle. For us to get stronger we need Deano to stump up more money and then Wagner can keep us well away from the relegation zone.
Lets hope then if you do keep Mark Hughes at Saint Mary's that he makes a good job and keeps you well away from the shinanighans of this season just gone. I think we've both had enough scares to last a lifetime :D I guess we shall find out from August onwards :)