2017/2018 Football Season

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Its certainly all happening in the football news. Rooney looks set to be going to play for DC United in dear old America. Everton fans aren't happy with Big Sam's style so maybe he'll be out of a job after this weekend. QPR have sacked Ian Holloway. Swansea are sacking their manager and they hope to sign Sunderlands ex manager up as he's Swansea born and bred so would sort the burgers out and get em back up. Conte isn't the flavour of the month with the board of directors at Chelsea so he may well be off too. Dear me its all change at Crewe so to speak :D:D Just hoping David Wagner doesn't go as well. We would be burgered and right without him. I dare say there'll be a few more ins and outs before next season.

Its Mr Wengers last day on Sunday at the John Smiths and thankfully it doesn't matter if they beat us. Give the old boy a bon voyage. Rumour has it Sir Alex's first words when he woke up was "How did Doncaster do" Nice that isn't it seeing as his lad is their manager. :D

Reactions: Cumberland and zand

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
They won't. ;) Don't know why you can't see that's an easy 3 points for you lol. Just glad the terriers don't need to fight for survival anymore...we might stand a chance now. Will you be there John?

Would be nice if we did win. No I cant afford to go at the moment.

Reactions: Cumberland

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well tomorrow marks the 33rd anniversary of the Bradford city fire tragedy that sadly claimed the lives of 56 fans. May they rest in peace eternally and never be forgotten.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Here we go with the final weekend of footy. Derby beat Fulham in the 1st leg of the Championship play off semi. Boro take on Villa at teatime in the other semi. Think I'd like to see Boro or Derby come up. Or even Villa. Don't like Foolham :D

Good luck to Tranmere his afternoon. Hope you beat Boreham Wood and get promoted you deserve it lads :) I'm on your side :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Welcome back Tranmere
I’m pleased you beat Boreham Wood as they trashed their dressing room at Brunton Park In FA cup match a few years ago

You will play us next season Nosher

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I thought you were Arsenal and Leeds @zand You play us tomorrow in a farewell to Mr Wenger. Sorry but we aim to draw that and notch up a hat trick of draws against the big teams :D
lol I am Arsenal and Leeds but I go to FGR when I can - 4 times this season. :)
My family and I are expecting Arsenal to lose, so a draw would be great! :)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
lol I am Arsenal and Leeds but I go to FGR when I can - 4 times this season. :)
My family and I are expecting Arsenal to lose, so a draw would be great! :)

Your family have low expectations then :D Arsenal will wanna give Arsene the best send off they can and what better way to do it than with a final win for him. Meanwhile Town will wanna finish on a flourish and then the party's can really get going :D

Reactions: zand and Cumberland

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good luck Saints not that you need it I reckon its a tall order for the Swans to stay up. I think a trip to St Mary's is on our away day's again next season :)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spurs 4-3 up Liverpool 3-0 up Chelsea losing 2-0 sure is gunna be a good Match of the day tonight lol. And Swansea losing 1-2. Saints 0-0 at present. Town losing 0-1 to Arsenal but we aren't too bothered with that :D

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
And there it is football season over for another 3 months. We lost 0-1 but not too bothered its a great parting gift for Arsene. :)
Elsewhere Swans are now a Championship side. Man City got the win they needed to total 100 points. I don't think you Saints fans would have begrudged that. Spurs finished 5-4 winners. Liverpool 3-0 winners I bet Kloppy is dancing. Conte will be livid.
Just the play offs to come plus the FA Cup final next week and that's 2017/18 season done and this forum will be done after the Spring bank play off finals. Cant believe we are almost at the end of another season. I'll be lost without footy but there'll be the world cup in June. :)

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't really complain, but - once again - Saints threw the game away in extra time. Still, we're staying up :) Mind you, what happened this season should never have happened and there needs to be some hard thinking done over the summer.

Reactions: zand

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And there it is football season over for another 3 months. We lost 0-1 but not too bothered its a great parting gift for Arsene. :)
Yes it was great to be able to sing '1-0 to the Arsenal' again! Very nostalgic and fitting for the occasion.
We really enjoyed it! A real party atmosphere. Wenger did his official Goodbye before the match which you probably saw on TV. What you probably didn't see was that several of us stayed to watch the Huddersfield 'staying up' celebrations and then chanted for ages. Nearly all the Huddersfield fans had gone, we watched Arsene do the press conference on the big screen and kept chanting long afterwards until finally he came out to us again. He went all along our stand shaking hands with those crammed at the front and looked shocked and moved by the whole experience. It was lovely - what football should be about. I am so pleased that we decided to stay till the very end because a lot of gooners went home after the Huddersfield lap of honour thinking that Wenger wouldn't come back to see us again. See - we really are avid fans!!! :D

Whilst we were waiting for Arsene to come back a Terriers fan held up a child's Arsenal shirt with Ozil on the back. Then pointed to his little lad who promptly put the shirt on. The dad went to the Arsenal fans nearest him and asked them to sing the Ozil song for his boy. We all did, then the stewards let the father and son walk across the front of the Arsenal stand chatting and shaking hands with all the fans.

Stopped at Holmfirth on the way back. A great day out - and the sun shone too. :)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Can't really complain, but - once again - Saints threw the game away in extra time. Still, we're staying up :) Mind you, what happened this season should never have happened and there needs to be some hard thinking done over the summer.

Yep we are the same some hard thinking needed. Hopefully Dean Hoyle will spend some of that windfall that we got for staying up and we can build a better and stronger team. Guess like us you'll be waiting to see what takes place over the summer.