2018/19 Football Season

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Away to Tottenham's super duper new stadium for our lads today. I doubt we'll get anything from it Spurs will no doubt batter us at least 4 or 5 nil.
Good luck to everyone else who is playing today. Hope your team wins :)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are a number of foreign stadia, that use this system!
It's seriously expensive and the reason is the American football going to be played there and possibly a European franchise for the NFL, at the Tottenham stadium!

Want to go there when Rovers get their revenge in next season's FA cup!

Yep the American football will bring in the bacon to the club so to speak and the expensive remake will pay for itself in no time.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, three-one against Wolves, so we're now 8 points above the drop zone, partly thanks to Burnley beating Cardiff. Looks like there were one or two, ahem, controversial decisions in that game . I know Neil Warnock has a tendency to moan about match officials but he hasn't had much luck with their decisions over the past few weeks. That's Footy, I guess.....

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Another great win against one of our rivals, pity the referee had a bad day and nearly spoilt it! (Some extraordinary decisions not given!)
I sometimes think that either they make it up, or they have changed the laws, without telling us!

Onwards and upwards to next Friday and FGR at Prenton Park, another six pointer!
Another big crowd, for us anyhow!

Woo hoo! (I'm getting excited!)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Well I’ll have to buy a new radio as I broke it throwing it out of the window listening to us throwing away all hope of the play offs

Reactions: jay hay-char

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I hope you go up automatically

It's gonna be hard but very interesting and exciting.
I don't want wemberley for third season in a row, need a good long break from it all!

It is what it is! (Shut up and get on with it!!):)

Reactions: Johnboy412

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, three-one against Wolves, so we're now 8 points above the drop zone, partly thanks to Burnley beating Cardiff. Looks like there were one or two, ahem, controversial decisions in that game . I know Neil Warnock has a tendency to moan about match officials but he hasn't had much luck with their decisions over the past few weeks. That's Footy, I guess.....

Yes I think you are safe now. Looking at Cardiff's remaining fixtures they aren't going to get 8 points from them. Its Brighton that have to fear the drop cos they play Cardiff on Tuesday night. They need to win or they'll be in trouble. It could be last chance saloon for Cardiff.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's gonna be hard but very interesting and exciting.
I don't want wemberley for third season in a row, need a good long break from it all!

It is what it is! (Shut up and get on with it!!):)

Good luck I hope you do go automatically. Nobody likes the play offs they are do or die sorta things.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I’ll have to buy a new radio as I broke it throwing it out of the window listening to us throwing away all hope of the play offs

If that was you after 1 game then think what our fans must have felt like for the biggest part of this season. There'd have been more than a radio going through the window :D Its time somebody threw our owner out of the window it might knock some sense in to him and make him see he needs to spend his money on building a decent team :D

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldn't say we battered you, just a good, efficient performance from our Lads!

Play like you did today, and you will have no trouble bouncing back from the Championship.

Nah we have been **** for most of the season. Our trouble is we can get the ball but we haven't learned how to slot in the net. The only way we'll come back up is by our Deano spending some serious Wonga on some half decent players.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I think you are safe now. Looking at Cardiff's remaining fixtures they aren't going to get 8 points from them. Its Brighton that have to fear the drop cos they play Cardiff on Tuesday night. They need to win or they'll be in trouble. It could be last chance saloon for Cardiff.
Yes; I reckon the winner of the Cardiff/Brighton match will be the club that stays up. Unless it's a draw, of course, in which case all bets are off

Reactions: Cumberland

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok well lets put aside our own team's positions for today and pause to remember it was 30 years ago today. Thousands went to the football at Hillsborough to watch the FA Cup semi final between Liverpool and Notts Forest. Sadly 96 of them never returned home
1f641.png
:( We will never forget them.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Ok well lets put aside our own team's positions for today and pause to remember it was 30 years ago today. Thousands went to the football at Hillsborough to watch the FA Cup semi final between Liverpool and Notts Forest. Sadly 96 of them never returned home
1f641.png
Good shout mate, we had a minute silence in our staff room, being in football on Merseyside, it is close to our hearts!
Remember the 96!

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
1f641.png
Indeed. My son is a student at Sheffield University, and Hillsborough is very much in people's minds up there just now...

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jay hay-char Cardiff beat Brighton last night and suddenly its a different ball game now just 2 points between Brighton and Cardiff and 5 points between Saints and Cardiff. Hopefully Saints will be safe with that cushion but you never know. Only saving grace is you have a game in hand. And Cardiff's next game is Liverpool so I don't think they'll win that one. :watching::eek: