2019/20 Football season

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three in a row, three in a row!

Woo hoo!

Unfortunately, home game v Lincoln Saturday.

Onwards and upwards!

Can we actually do it?

SWA

Well done. Now keep that winning streak going and get out of the danger zone. Rooting for you :)

Reactions: Lamont D

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well Arteta has coronavirus so Brighton away is off. We weren't going anyway, we were going to waste the tickets, as I have a chest infection that I picked up at the Portsmouth game.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well Arteta has coronavirus so Brighton away is off. We weren't going anyway, we were going to waste the tickets, as I have a chest infection that I picked up at the Portsmouth game.

Oh my goodness Zand that's not good :( Get well soon.

Reactions: zand

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Premier League will hold "an emergency club meeting" on Friday to discuss future fixtures.

BBC Sport understands one possible outcome is that the league is suspended for two weekends until the scheduled international break later this month, but abandonment of the season is unlikely at this stage.

All clubs must be in agreement for any action to be taken and government officials are also being kept informed.

The EFL's board is meeting on Friday to make a decision on this weekend's fixtures and beyond, and is likely to follow the Premier League's decision.

Its looking increasingly likely that there wont be any football this weekend or subsequent weekends for perhaps a fortnight or a month. That will throw things in to turmoil. I guess we will find out more in due course. Its better to be safe than sorry. Football is only a game its the general publics health that matters more.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks mate!
Maybe miracles do happen! (Hopefully for both of us!)

Yeah they sure do mate. Its looking highly likely that none of us will be playing this weekend and subsequent weekends if the EFL decide to suspend all football. That will extend the season a bit. Could well do without that of course but keeping people safe is more important than football.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All elite football in England has been suspended until at least 3 April as a result of the spread of coronavirus.

All Premier League games, EFL fixtures and matches in the FA Women's Super League and Women's Championship have been postponed.

The Premier League said action would resume on 4 April "subject to medical advice and conditions at the time".

The Football Association said England's games against Italy on 27 March and Denmark four days later are off.

The EFL, which hopes to resume play a day earlier than the Premier League on 3 April, said clubs were also advised to suspend "non-essential activities" such as "player appearances, training ground visits and fan meetings".

And there we have it. No football till 3rd April at least.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
All elite football in England has been suspended until at least 3 April as a result of the spread of coronavirus.

All Premier League games, EFL fixtures and matches in the FA Women's Super League and Women's Championship have been postponed.

The Premier League said action would resume on 4 April "subject to medical advice and conditions at the time".

The Football Association said England's games against Italy on 27 March and Denmark four days later are off.

The EFL, which hopes to resume play a day earlier than the Premier League on 3 April, said clubs were also advised to suspend "non-essential activities" such as "player appearances, training ground visits and fan meetings".

And there we have it. No football till 3rd April at least.

Yeah and understandable in the present circumstances that players and staff are getting the disease.
The players are still training next week, so, other than game time, we are still in.

Don't know what will happen with end of season, scenarios could be that the season is over, which is a pity, but in all my years of football, the nearest example of something changing the season was the big freeze of 1962/63 season.
The club's had to play a lot of games from March to the end of May in Rovers case, 25 to fulfil fixtures.

Just going to be boring without games, and no football on television!

Reactions: Johnboy412
D

Deleted member 308541

in all my years of football, the nearest example of something changing the season was the big freeze of 1962/63 season.
I remember the big freeze, I think Arsenal had the only heated football pitch in the first division if I remember rightly.

Our local team (Athenian league) in Redhill in Surrey called for volunteers to shovel the snow / slush / ice off the pitch then. :D

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yeah and understandable in the present circumstances that players and staff are getting the disease.
The players are still training next week, so, other than game time, we are still in.

Don't know what will happen with end of season, scenarios could be that the season is over, which is a pity, but in all my years of football, the nearest example of something changing the season was the big freeze of 1962/63 season.
The club's had to play a lot of games from March to the end of May in Rovers case, 25 to fulfil fixtures.

Just going to be boring without games, and no football on television!

Well if it does spell the end of the season then it would unfair on some clubs. Those outside the play off zones would be denied the chance to try and make it to the play offs and those in the relegation zones would not get a chance to try and escape. Also such as Leeds who have worked so hard to get to the top of the Championship would be denied auto promo unless it was deemed those in 1st and 2nd were promoted regardless. It would however benefit us cos we'd stay put for another season where as if the season continued we may well have dropped in to the relegation zone. I think a lot of our supporters were thinking along the lines that we'd drop. But as I've said before people's health is more important. All will be revealed soon. Stay safe everyone.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I remember the big freeze, I think Arsenal had the only heated football pitch in the first division if I remember rightly.

Our local team (Athenian league) in Redhill in Surrey called for volunteers to shovel the snow / slush / ice off the pitch then. :D

I was too young to remember that one.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like its 30th April now before footy gets back that's if it does. I hope everyone is keeping safe out there.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
York City are top of Conference north or whatever it's called these days.

York City that is :p and as it's such a rarity I'll get it in whilst we're TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

Obviously once we get back to the football league we'll have forgotten these heady days.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Looks like its 30th April now before footy gets back that's if it does. I hope everyone is keeping safe out there.

I honestly believe that we will finish the league in July, that means that the new season won't start till September at the earliest. FA cup games will be midweek from first round proper, (no replays), League cup, efl cup could be sidelined.
When and if we get back to competitive games will now be up to the government.
Still no help for smaller clubs from the premiership, no surprise there!
My club is financially okay for now, but there are others, like Macclesfield are really struggling, who really need help.

Here's something that's doing the rounds.

Football won't start till August and finish in November. New league season to start in mid January and be league only.
46 games will take six months in time for Euro tournament.
Season 21/22 to start as normal in August!

I'm lucky my wages are getting paid.
Taking my summer vacation early!

But I really wish for football to return, there's nowt on television!

Keep safe, look after yourselves.

Best wishes,
SWA!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
York City are top of Conference north or whatever it's called these days.

York City that is :p and as it's such a rarity I'll get it in whilst we're TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

Obviously once we get back to the football league we'll have forgotten these heady days.

One of the reasons the Minster men are doing so well is our former captain Steve McNulty, you also have just signed, Adam Buxton till the summer. Both are top blokes!

Watch out for Kings Lynn!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
*** am I doing sitting in my armchair on a Saturday afternoon?

Weird times indeed!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One of the reasons the Minster men are doing so well is our former captain Steve McNulty, you also have just signed, Adam Buxton till the summer. Both are top blokes!

Watch out for Kings Lynn!

Aye, I've sworn at McNulty in a Fleetwood and Luton top, and others iIrc over the last dot years when he's been on the away team at our place, think he was the luton captain when we whooped them in the halcyon days of the conference play off final in '13 too :p

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I honestly believe that we will finish the league in July, that means that the new season won't start till September at the earliest. FA cup games will be midweek from first round proper, (no replays), League cup, efl cup could be sidelined.
When and if we get back to competitive games will now be up to the government.
Still no help for smaller clubs from the premiership, no surprise there!
My club is financially okay for now, but there are others, like Macclesfield are really struggling, who really need help.

Here's something that's doing the rounds.

Football won't start till August and finish in November. New league season to start in mid January and be league only.
46 games will take six months in time for Euro tournament.
Season 21/22 to start as normal in August!

I'm lucky my wages are getting paid.
Taking my summer vacation early!

But I really wish for football to return, there's nowt on television!

Keep safe, look after yourselves.

Best wishes,
SWA!

Yeah its boring without football but its best this way to keep our players and others at the clubs safe. If at the end of April it does get going again then we'd all be playing 2 matches per week but to be honest the way things are going it could well be later in the year before it resumes. All we can do is wait and see and in the meantime we all stay safe.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
*** am I doing sitting in my armchair on a Saturday afternoon?

Weird times indeed!

I work alternate weekends being a care assistant but even so I miss having a quick sneaky look at my phone and the footy scores.