Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes

Mellonball, huh!
Never heard it described like that.
Sometimes in game time you have to go back to basics.
You will definitely get put through the mill with the gaffer but his relentless attitude and attention to detail, tactics, shape and a willingness to change formation and players, but his overall man management and getting players to buying into his philosophy of a confident team effort is his hallmark.
Never give up, go to the end.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Home to Blackburn Rovers tonight. The final match of 2020. Good luck to all those playing tonight. Hope your team wins.

Reactions: Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Home to Blackburn Rovers tonight. The final match of 2020. Good luck to all those playing tonight. Hope your team wins.
Barrow tonight, and not a place I would recommend on a freezing December Tuesday evening. Nice chippy around the corner tho!
Best wishes to all our teams tonight.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking at all the games "Match postponed - Other" in Div 1 and listening to a bit of 5 Live on Saturday with the impact of Covid on the lower leagues the future does not look good if, with all their resources, Man City make a complete haddie of their "bubble". If one of their number broke their bubble and took a trip to London, as has been suggested, then they might as well give it to Liverpool.....
Not good.

Good luck for your teams this evening.

On a local note hoping for good results for The Wasps (away at the Dees, spit spit) and the Red Lichties (away at the Jambos)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A nice 2-1 win. We finish the year in 12th place. Now that's sweet. Lets hope 2021 is a good year for our boys.

Reactions: hankjam

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
We played well for sixty minutes, then we shot ourselves in the foot by giving a penalty away, then they were reduced to ten men. Due to subs, the team couldn't get going again and it finished a draw.
One point but if not for the penalty, we could have taken all three.

Down to the other side of the world Saturday v Colchester. Unless weather, covid, government or flooding, waterhogs or coach goes to Dover by mistake!

Carlisle travelled to Harrogate and the fans were there, but Jack frost made the pitch dangerous. Ref called it off!

The fixtures in league one was hit hard by covid and I can see a shutdown of the league again, which is disastrous.

Keep safe

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy new year everyone. Lets hope its a good one for all our teams. We have a Home tie to Reading this afternoon. Good luck to all those playing today. Hope your team wins.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes indeed, Happy New Year to all fans of football on this forum, hoping for better days.
Utd fall 3-0 to Celtic away, not too surprising, the additional edge of an Old Firm game is difficult to overcome.
To be followed by away at Aberdeen. With the Dees in the level below this is a local derby of the New Firm, that didn't last long but was great when it did.
Brought back into memory with the passing of Jim McLean. He really was a one off. Won the championship with a squad of 14 players and regularly beat Rangers and Celtic. UEFA Final v Gothenberg, beat Barcelona home and away on the way, European cup semi final v Roma, who bribed the ref £50,000 and they won 3-2 on agg.... to lose to Liverpool in the final. Wife and I even followed them on an UEFA away trip, Old Trafford 1-1, lost the second leg at home, Gorden McQueen..... spit spit spit.
Memories.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Can't believe our game was postponed because of covid one hour before kick-off.

Two players tested positive.

It's a mess!

Reactions: Johnboy412

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear that's not a good start to the year. We lost 1-2 :( Better luck at Watford next Saturday.

Reactions: Lamont D

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
0-0 at Aberdeen, clean sheet and take a point from The Dandy Dons.
Motherwell are not well, getting a tanning from the Accies and Hibs from Livi.... at home.
Gers march on and the Tims will be raging at Lennon.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I was thinking this earlier today....

and if the number of games postponed is used as a proxy for the health of the nation.....
:(

I've been thinking this for a couple of weeks when Boris was so reluctant to put London in tier three, never mind tier four after lockdown. The numbers of infections and hospitalisations were truly back to the lockdown in March/April.
We definitely need a break from playing in leagues one and two, and non league. Probably in Scotland as well. The Welsh league have stopped a couple of weeks ago.
We should not be travelling the country, undoubtedly spreading the new virus.
The players from our lot had not been tested but had symptoms.

The Colchester United chairman called the game off.
I didn't know they could do this, always thought the ref was in charge!

Think we might have to forfeit fa cup game at Barnsley next Saturday!

Keep safe

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
0-0 at Aberdeen, clean sheet and take a point from The Dandy Dons.
Motherwell are not well, getting a tanning from the Accies and Hibs from Livi.... at home.
Gers march on and the Tims will be raging at Lennon.

Another good point the gaffer will be pleased especially with the clean sheet.

The gers part of the family are buzzing after today's results.

Stay safe

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FA cup next week and we have a home tie to Plymouth. Think we need to loose that one and concentrate on the league though at 13th place we don't have an worries at present.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been thinking this for a couple of weeks when Boris was so reluctant to put London in tier three, never mind tier four after lockdown. The numbers of infections and hospitalisations were truly back to the lockdown in March/April.
We definitely need a break from playing in leagues one and two, and non league. Probably in Scotland as well. The Welsh league have stopped a couple of weeks ago.
We should not be travelling the country, undoubtedly spreading the new virus.
The players from our lot had not been tested but had symptoms.

The Colchester United chairman called the game off.
I didn't know they could do this, always thought the ref was in charge!

Think we might have to forfeit fa cup game at Barnsley next Saturday!

Keep safe

I agree mate. Travelling about the country isn't good at the moment. Put the season on hold for a month or so. Stay safe everyone.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just took the dog out for about ten minutes, and even on a Sunday, there was two planes landing at the local airport.
The number of people still travelling from country to country is unbelievable.
You only have to watch the news about Dover, it was stated by next week that five thousand trucks a day, travel by ferry.

Stay safe mate.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another weekend of football. Home to Plymouth in the cup for our lads. Hope everyone else's team wins today. Stay safe and warm out there.