2years on

elainechi

........since jane has been T1. 2 years of trying to get her to accept it ....test x4 a day and give insulin x2 .
shes tried mdi refused a pump....unless i.m monitoring her all the time inc what food is in the house she eats what she wants when she wants
i.ve try to take a back seat as the team suggested
not 1reading below 20 and her insulin untouched for days........

im aware of the complications really aware...i feel guilty as hell....i m yet again in tears..any chance she may see the light before she suffers even more????

JConnor

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
***HUGS***
Dont think i have anything useful to say but wanted to drop by and stay strong, First few weeks after i was Diagnosed after the pregnancy i did what i wanted drank coke, ate cakes etc was in denial and wanted to do what i wanted, didnt like the idea of being told what to do. At 24 knowing full well the risks i wanted to rebel. I am assuming Jane is a teenager, which must make it 10x harder.
No teenager wants to be told what can or cant eat or to take injections several times aday. they want to be hanging out with friends without a worry.
As a parent you want whats best. All i can say is try to keep giving her all the facts be there if she wants to talk and encourage feelings of openness, including your fears for her long term.
Let her see how this makes you feel and think.
Really hope you can have a break through with her, will be thinking of you
Jess

elainechi

she will be 13 this month.......but she doesn.t eat unheathy foods just alot of them.........3 kiwi and 4 apples this afternoon is just too much in carbs........and expensive......when she low carbed for a while hba1c was 8 now i know it.ll be 12/13

but thank you for the hug x

Defren

elainechi said:
she will be 13 this month.......but she doesn.t eat unheathy foods just alot of them.........3 kiwi and 4 apples this afternoon is just too much in carbs........and expensive......when she low carbed for a while hba1c was 8 now i know it.ll be 12/13

but thank you for the hug x

My youngest will be 13 next month, and if it were her with diabetes, she WOULD listen to me. I'm not trying to make you feel worse, far from it, being a parent isn't easy but this is serious. I would take one huge step forward and make her test, make her take her insulin. Not doing so could kill her, but at her age we all feel invincible. Put your foot down mom, you are the adult she is the child and this is serious. (((Elaine))).

elainechi

and exactly how would you give her the insulin remembering you cannot give it forcibly as that IS ASSAULT.........The same for testing.....and school won.t let you in either.ideas please x

Defren

elainechi said:
and exactly how would you give her the insulin remembering you cannot give it forcibly as that IS ASSAULT.........The same for testing.....and school won.t let you in either.ideas please x

I truly didn't mean to upset you. I can only go by what I would do and my own daughters. How about sitting down with her and explaining how dangerous it is not to take her insulin? Tell her you won't be on her back nearly so much if she will listen and try to understand why it's all so vital for her. I am sure no court will take a dim view of a mom giving her child insulin, the assault laws are not in place to punish caring, loving parents. If that still doesn't work, would your GP or the hospital help? I feel if she won't listen to you, then she might listen to an outside agency. I do know it's tough, and I truly am not trying to undermine or have a go.

elainechi

have done all that......been turned out for psychological support for her even when she was purposefully overdosing on insulin....thus hypo thus sugary snacks
had truant officer knocking at my door also and meeting at schhol as missed so much as bloods so high feels tired and achy headache and sick..attendence last year63%

and yes i did give insulin to her when she refused....and advised by social services not to do it again as assault only in a life threatening situation......its not easy at all but feel better as i realize i am doing enough and i will keep trying because i have to as i am her only support...but thank you for your comments...and i didn.t take offence just interested on how you would give insulin to anyone who says no x

Defren

elainechi said:
have done all that......been turned out for psychological support for her even when she was purposefully overdosing on insulin....thus hypo thus sugary snacks
had truant officer knocking at my door also and meeting at schhol as missed so much as bloods so high feels tired and achy headache and sick..attendence last year63%

and yes i did give insulin to her when she refused....and advised by social services not to do it again as assault only in a life threatening situation......its not easy at all but feel better as i realize i am doing enough and i will keep trying because i have to as i am her only support...but thank you for your comments...and i didn.t take offence just interested on how you would give insulin to anyone who says no x

The truth is, if you feel you have tried everything, would it be possible to bring in Social Services? I don't know if that's an option, but I can read the pain in your words, and there has to be a solution somewhere - doesn't there? I wish I could offer practical advise, but you really do seem to have tried everything. (((Elaine))).

elainechi

i seem to have....but time for bed and tomorrow is another day and i.ll keep trying cos shes my daughter and i love her..nite nite xx