30 weeks and waters have broken

nmb264

Morning

I'm 30 + 5 with baby number 2 and my waters broke on Tuesday. Baby seems ok and we are hoping to keep her in me as long as possible. Anyone similar stories or stories of birth at this stage? My first was born at 35+1.

Thanks Natalie

Reactions: potlots

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Seek medical advice asap

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hoping all goes very well for you - you're in good hands and the right place to be.

I had gestational diabetes and my waters broke at 31 and a half weeks. Was hospitalised with the intent to keep my daughter in as long as possible, but she had other ideas and I went into labour a day later.

I now have a very healthy 12-year-old. She stayed in hospital until pretty much her due date, but didn't really ever have any health problems - it was just a matter of growing her until she was ready to come home :)

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @nmb264 Just wanted to say good luck and hope it goes well :)

Niamy

I had 2 prem babies, 26 and 32 weeks, now 27 and 25 years old. I wasn't diabetic at that stage though. All the best!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
One of my grandsons was born weeks after the waters broke. The membrane repaired itself and small amount of fluid collected as the days passed. Labour was induced as soon as he got to a good weight and he was fine.

Scarlet10

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My little one was born at 30 weeks. She’s 15 months now and is ok.
I was in hospital for a week, with every day she stayed put seen as a bonus.
I hope you’ve had steroid injections x
Good luck xx

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @nmb264 my waters broke at 30 weeks, I had gestational diabetes but didn't know - GP hadn't bothered informing me! My son was delivered at 30 weeks.
He was in NICU for weeks but is now a very healthy 11 year old, he is very tall for his age and kind, considerate, handsome, clever ( I am a very proud and obviously unbiased mum :) )

Wishing you all the best for your little one

SallyEzra

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there nmb264

I had my first child 3yrs ago at 35wks, but we didn't realise that my waters had broken at 34wks.....may sound a bit mental, but I have had an issue with both my pregnancies where my insulin requirements decrease as the pregnancy progresses, resulting in much greater hypo frequency. So when my husband had returned home to find me sleeping on the floor covered in a blanket that was sodden & a blood sugar of 1.1 he assumed that in my hypo that I must have wet myself (rather embarrassing to write about this!), so whilst I had never wet myself before whilst hypo, it didn't cross my mind that it could be anything else. Not until I had been admitted to hospital a few days later as the consultants felt increasingly uncomfortable with my low blood sugars & the small size of the child. Post the early stages of induction, I was told that there was no fluid remaining, when it finally dawned on us what had happened (we both felt like idiots!). But the solution offered was just staying in hospital for a few extra days so our little boy could have a full course of antibiotics. So nothing drastic, but great to have a solution.

I also had a child 2wks ago, again at 35wks, & this time the child also needed some Neo Natal care for a week. But this time I was not quite so freaked out at seeing my very small child in an incubator with a feeding tube up her nose, so I was able to pay more attention & interest to the staffing team & what was going on around me. It seemed that any child born from 28wks onwards was a totally normal occurrence for them, with common things they were monitoring being temperature, blood sugar, feeding volumes, billie rubins levels (jaundice), heart & oxygen content of blood etc.

Have they given you the steroids yet to help the baby's lungs develop?.

One of my friends in our 'Mum's groups' managed with the hospital's help to keep her first baby in until 31wks after her waters broke at 30wks. Her little boy, whilst small, just needed a week in SCBU & grew really strongly post that early intervention & support. On her next pregnancy I think she was given a regular dose of some drug (I think progesterone) to help her go to term- if you want me to double check on the drug she had to take, just let me know & will find out a bit more.

Hope all goes well for you & how exciting, not long now until you get to meet your new little person!.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi I had my daughter at 33 weeks, at the age of 42 1/2 yrs,and she will be celebrating her 18th birthday in 3 weeks time.
You are in the best place and will be monitored closely, you will probably need an injection to help with the babies lungs, I had it in my leg. I wish you all the best for a safe delivery and a beautiful healthy baby, I had the best care possible, they were all brilliant. Please let us know how you get on X