3m in... results

snowmonkey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
3m since diagnosis Bloods back today.

HbA1c down to 38 (was 113 at diagnosis in October). Thats ok by me.

Triglycerides also down to normal.

Forum has been invaluable. Thanks.

I am not on a super strict low carb diet.. I just avoid refined carbs and sugary things and also not worrying about fat... but with daily exercise and weight loss (<<< ---that is the key).

Plan to keep on the metformin cos' it helps keep my appetite in check.

Yours

sm

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's amazing! My first post-diagnosis a1c test is in just under 3 months time. How much exercise do you do each day - and was the weight loss easy for you?

Jemz

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant snowmonkey. You must be very pleased.

Yes tell us what exercise you did.

Reactions: snowmonkey

snowmonkey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Jemz @eggs11

Exercise regime ---> Do SOMETHING every day. 3-4 mile walk or similar run. Doesn't matter.. .whatever you are comfortable with... but don't over do it. Build up to it. I now run 2-3 times a week and walk the other days.

Also you should be properly hungry at least some of the time during the day (may be bad advice for T1s). I got into a unhealthy lifestyle where I was never hungry because I was always eating (mostly junk).

I lose around 2lb per week at the moment. That equates to about 7000 calories equivalent...or 1000 calories a day less than your recommended intake.

But a 3 mile walk adds 300 calories of demand, and a 5 mile run adds about 700 calories of demand

So really... it is really not so bad.

I tried the diet shakes... but they were not for me.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent results in a short time well done you you’re clearly doing the right things. Well worth the effort you’ve put in

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Jemz @eggs11

Exercise regime ---> Do SOMETHING every day. 3-4 mile walk or similar run. Doesn't matter.. .whatever you are comfortable with... but don't over do it. Build up to it. I now run 2-3 times a week and walk the other days.

Also you should be properly hungry at least some of the time during the day (may be bad advice for T1s). I got into a unhealthy lifestyle where I was never hungry because I was always eating (mostly junk).

I lose around 2lb per week at the moment. That equates to about 7000 calories equivalent...or 1000 calories a day less than your recommended intake.

But a 3 mile walk adds 300 calories of demand, and a 5 mile run adds about 700 calories of demand

So really... it is really not so bad.

I tried the diet shakes... but they were not for me.
Thank you, really interesting to hear what has worked so well for you. I'm intending to up the dog walks to twice a day, then add resistance training a few times a week - so far it's been just one 30/40min a walk a day and diet. I can see the exercise needs to be ramped up.

snowmonkey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, really interesting to hear what has worked so well for you. I'm intending to up the dog walks to twice a day, then add resistance training a few times a week - so far it's been just one 30/40min a walk a day and diet. I can see the exercise needs to be ramped up.

sounds fine to be honest. somebody on the forum said 80% diet, 20% exercise. I think that is fair.. hard exercise stimulates hunger though (for me).

Reactions: eggs11

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fantastic results.

Now the job is keeping it going, for life.
It can be done with sporadic variants and have great fun in doing it. :)

I wish you a long, happy, steady controlled future. Permanently☺

Jemz

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am pinching your plans @eggs11 .... suit me just fine. Thanks