3rd Diaversary

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today is my third diaversary, three years since I was diagnosed type 2 with an HbA1c of 70 on a routine blood test.

This update will be different to others I have posted because the NHS is busy with the Covid-19 pandemic, so my diabetes review has been postponed. However I am reassured by my self testing and recording of the readings in the MySugr app with it’s estimated HbA1c. My estimated HbA1c remains stable and would likely to be reflected as continuing in the 30s in a lab HbA1c test if it were to have been taken now. I continue to restrict my carbs to under 45g per day eating food that I enjoy.

I also have a home BP machine so I know my BP is at a normal level too.

As for my cholesterol results, which always raise my GP’s eyebrows, I’m quite happy to miss them, as although my total is always ‘too high’ my ratios have been perfect for a long time now!

I do worry that my retinal screening might be delayed but by maintaining good control I am hopeful that the result would remain clear.

And lastly as ever, I have to thank this fantastic forum and all the lovely members who helped me get to where I am today with great advice and constant support xx
ADCD618E-8667-4811-B322-A9BC7DB681E9.jpeg

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations!!! Very pleased that you joined the forum, and that you have continued as you started. :D Sometimes the maintenance is harder than the kick start, but you have it licked! :D

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today is my third diaversary, three years since I was diagnosed type 2 with an HbA1c of 70 on a routine blood test.

This update will be different to others I have posted because the NHS is busy with the Covid-19 pandemic, so my diabetes review has been postponed. However I am reassured by my self testing and recording of the readings in the MySugr app with it’s estimated HbA1c. My estimated HbA1c remains stable and would likely to be reflected as continuing in the 30s in a lab HbA1c test if it were to have been taken now. I continue to restrict my carbs to under 45g per day eating food that I enjoy.

I also have a home BP machine so I know my BP is at a normal level too.

As for my cholesterol results, which always raise my GP’s eyebrows, I’m quite happy to miss them, as although my total is always ‘too high’ my ratios have been perfect for a long time now!

I do worry that my retinal screening might be delayed but by maintaining good control I am hopeful that the result would remain clear.

And lastly as ever, I have to thank this fantastic forum and all the lovely members who helped me get to where I am today with great advice and constant support xx
View attachment 41192
You're quite the forum-hero yourself. Well done, and keep it up! :)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You go celebrate this diaversary and wonderful results today!

Reactions: ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great job, @Rachox. It's wonderful to see how successful you've been over the years. You are truly an inspiration to all of us.

Also, thanks for always being there for newbies (and of course all others). Your support has helped so many of us.

Reactions: Goonergal

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, @R.achox . You did the hard bit, and are keeping going with the hard bit

(OK, I know what I mean!)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So having expected to not hear anything about my diabetes review for ages, I had a text this morning saying I could come into the surgery next week for the practical things, bloods, weight, BP etc.... and then have a phone appt to discuss results. There’s strict instructions for the surgery appt. about waiting in the car park til summoned, use of hand gel etc.... and reassurance that all staff will be wearing full PPE. I’ll be updating my HbA1c on this thread sooner than I thought :)

Reactions: Antje77

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done,Rachox.
Sure your success will continue.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Update from me!
Results appeared on line this evening from yesterday’s blood draw. HbA1c is 35, well with in normal range, but up from 32 last November. However I’m happy with that considering this strange environment we live in currently with added stresses.
Cholesterol total is 6.8 which will make my GP’s hair curl, but ratios are perfect so no statins for me thank you!

Reactions: urbanracer