4.4 hb1ac

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I agree totally with you Nigel. I am a T2 but on Byetta and as you know my Bg levels have been all over the place recently due to anti-Cancer Drug side effects.......my Bg levels have soared then dropped like the proverbial stone, then rocketed back up !!!

I too have had to keep a close eye on the Bg levels when travelling. I always stop at Services and check Bg, then react accordingly. At the slightest sign of either a hypo or hyper symptoms that is the time to pull in and do something about it.

It's all about being responsible and making sure you are not a danger to yourself and other road users.

Ken

bohemianbri

So where does all this leave Curleos?

Is Hb1AC of 4.4% a little on the low side?

Should Curleos be eating more prohibited comfort foods?

Maybe Insulin dose needs examination?

Or is it probable that that value is fine on an individual basis but shouldn't be taken as the optimal target for all?

:?:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
CarbsRok said:
Ken
Not sure where that information has come from ? Do you have a link to it ?
The info was provided by DVLA when my new driving license was delivered a few week ago. As far as I am aware the info is given each time the license is renewed when on insulin.

Edited to add the form no., is DIABINF

What I posted earlier is from the latest DIABINF form which can be found following the link to the DVLA site I provided.

I think you will find what you have is an older leaflet and has been updated. This used to happen all the time. I have even been given forms myself from various Govt organisations which were patently outdated yet are still dished out till somebody realises that fact !

Hope that helps...... :D

Ken

Curleous

Dislikes
bad manners and rudeness
After my concerns about this been low, i decided to phone the diabetic clinic and speak to a nurse. They phoned me back and asked me to come in straight away as 4.4 was way to low. Off i went and after arriving the nurse checked and said the hb1ac was not 4.4 and was 5.7 and does not know why my doctors surgery told me it was 4.4. I am still pleased with 5.7 as it is the same as 3 months ago but am annoyed as to why they told me the wrong information. The nurse said if it was 4.4 you would have been experiencing numerous episodes of sub 4 readings. Apologies to all and thanks to all as i didn't mean to waste any time but was just concerned that 4.4 was way too low.

Cheers

Curleous

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Curleous............................................................................. :lol:

After all this mate, nice one! :D But hey, 5.7 is still absolutely great, so very well done once again.

Nigel

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My thought is relief. :D

If 4.4% had been accurate with the fasting levels you quoted, you would have to be either very hypo unaware or anaemic!
(I was thinking that they'd got that new figure of mmol/mol mixed up but works out at 6.2% so it wasn't that)

lilibet

I think with novomix, because of the action of the insulin/profile of the mix, your numbers may be less predictable than using mealtime and basal insulin

When I was on mix I knew the times of day to watch out but still, you could get hypos as can still be pretty active. With Levemir, if its sitting at 5 before I drive, it will be sitting at 5 three hours later. If its low 4's principle is the same, but as I can 'afford'' a small bit of something to snack (without jiggering meal time bg's) then I do just to be safe. I have heard/read though that pre 5 is not recommended for driving, but like all things diabolical - your mileage may vary (literally and metaphorically)