46 mg/dl

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Oh well, I just end up looking like an idiot again.

But in all seriousness, at 2.5 I feel

LlzkY_s-200x150.gif

...if I'm even standing up to begin with.
No, you don’t look like an idiot at all. I’m sorry if I made you feel that way xxx

It’s just that after 20 years of this poxy condition, I’ve got so used to hypos that it doesn’t make me feel like falling over any more. I wouldn’t attempt to use my power tools or get on my motorcycle, but I’m confident enough in how I react to just shove five dextrose tabs down my neck and go back to sleep with an alarm set for an hour later.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I’m only on sensor 4, but with the new found control I’ve moved my hypo symptoms from 3.9 sweats to barely a thing at 2.5!! Which is both good and a little scary.

That's actually very scary because if true it means you're losing your hypo warnings. Having said that, I became allergic to the glue on the libre sensor and as a result (I think) the libre readings went so low as to be unusable (readings of LO corresponding to a blood sugar of anything between 2 and 6!) The libre results are notoriously inaccurate at very low levels so hopefully you weren't as low as it said you were. It's worth checking with a finger prick if in doubt, though probably best to treat with glucose first.