1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by cris07, Oct 7, 2013.

1. cris07

cris07 · Well-Known Member

yea i suppose so, thanx.

2. cris07

how often should you get tested? every three months or so?

3. hornplayer

hornplayer · Well-Known Member

Unless you're going to pay for private blood tests, you might find that that's up to your doctor. Some are better than others. I suggest you ask and if you don't like the answer, keep asking.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

4. cris07

ok no probs cheers.

5. cris07

anybody have symptoms of being hungary all the time and sweating when doing activity?

6. Ambersilva

Ambersilva Type 1 · Well-Known Member

No, not hungry all the time before diagnosis. On the contrary, I was off food with no appetite at all. I couldn't get active enough to work up a sweat. Moving around was such an effort I Just felt that if I went to sleep I wouldn't wake up. Being Type 1, an insulin response was not present so sugar in the blood could not be taken up by the cells.

7. cris07

ah kk. if you have the symptoms i.e hunger weeing a lot and some of the other stuff, if you try and amend your diet will they dissapear or do you need medicine to get rid of the symptoms?

8. Ambersilva

Isn't hunger the brain's natural response to an empty stomach? And perhaps the weeing a natural response to a UTI ?

9. cris07

i no what you mean, its just iv had a urinew test and it was ok, iv had these symptoms about four months and iv had diabetes tests and each time iv had them theyve been slightly higher but no within a range of being diagnosed as diabetic. im just really stressed about my health and whats going on i used to play football and be very active but in the last 6 months or so iv just stopped because iv felt so rotten. just trying to figure out the problem and seeing if people have had similar experiences in the early stages of diabetes, just thinking it could be pre-diabetes.

10. Ambersilva

No one here is qualified to confirm or deny any condition that you think you may have or that may fit your symptoms. Your doctor can request tests to reveal the true cause of your symptoms rather than the responses to your posts submitted to fora.

11. cris07

ye i no just tryna gage if anyone had similar things cheers.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook