?

hornplayer

Unless you're going to pay for private blood tests, you might find that that's up to your doctor. Some are better than others. I suggest you ask and if you don't like the answer, keep asking.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No, not hungry all the time before diagnosis. On the contrary, I was off food with no appetite at all. I couldn't get active enough to work up a sweat. Moving around was such an effort I Just felt that if I went to sleep I wouldn't wake up. Being Type 1, an insulin response was not present so sugar in the blood could not be taken up by the cells.

cris07

ah kk. if you have the symptoms i.e hunger weeing a lot and some of the other stuff, if you try and amend your diet will they dissapear or do you need medicine to get rid of the symptoms?

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
cris07 said:
ah kk. if you have the symptoms i.e hunger weeing a lot and some of the other stuff, if you try and amend your diet will they dissapear or do you need medicine to get rid of the symptoms?

Isn't hunger the brain's natural response to an empty stomach? And perhaps the weeing a natural response to a UTI ?

cris07

i no what you mean, its just iv had a urinew test and it was ok, iv had these symptoms about four months and iv had diabetes tests and each time iv had them theyve been slightly higher but no within a range of being diagnosed as diabetic. im just really stressed about my health and whats going on i used to play football and be very active but in the last 6 months or so iv just stopped because iv felt so rotten. just trying to figure out the problem and seeing if people have had similar experiences in the early stages of diabetes, just thinking it could be pre-diabetes.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No one here is qualified to confirm or deny any condition that you think you may have or that may fit your symptoms. Your doctor can request tests to reveal the true cause of your symptoms rather than the responses to your posts submitted to fora.