scottish-jim

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow that's great :thumbup:

I woke to a 6.0 this morning - my best ever too :)

Finzi

kmr2324 said:
What did you eat last night?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Well, I had 5.3 carbs - 5g for a home made cauliflower and leek soup and 0.3 for two slices of buttered flax seed bread. But I haven't always found there's been much of a correlation between what I eat in the evenings and waking readings. I've always had an element of dawn phenomenon I think, where morning readings have been much higher than bedtime ones. It would be lovely to think that was easing, because those are the readings that I've struggled to control.

Finzi

On a roll today - 4.6 waking, 5.3 after lunch which included a handful of chocolate M&M's, and 4.8 pre dinner!

:) :) :)

Only, in a spirit of insanity, I'm about to have Chinese takeaway! Well, if you can't have Chinese takeaway when your pre-dinner is 4.8 when can you lol?

Finzi

And two hours after Chinese takeaway.....

5.5 :)

Out of interest, it was 8.5 after one hour. I don't normally do one hour readings but I was interested to know the progress of something so very different to what I normally eat

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
With respect you cant tell people to ditch their meds.
Although i take a natural approach myself , its always essential you clear such manoeuvres with a Doctor first.
Someone could get hurt here!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Pretty good going!
I always try for under 5 fasting and do get there about half the time, however it doesn't take much in the way of Dawn Phenomenon to push it up a bit.
Hana

Finzi

hanadr said:
Pretty good going!
I always try for under 5 fasting and do get there about half the time, however it doesn't take much in the way of Dawn Phenomenon to push it up a bit.
Hana

I'm probably not there half the time yet, maybe a third. My best chance is before lunch. Before breakfast is never under 5 (actually, I rarely do it any more), pre lunch is probably about half the time, and pre-dinner once in a while. I'm reasonably ok with anything under 6, if its over 6 I will make a special effort to either increase exercise or have a very low carb meal.

Type 2 on Metformin, diagnosed Jan 2013, ultra low carber, Hba1C at diagnosis 8% (64), average BS now between 5 and 6 mmol.