1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

57 other risks?

Discussion in 'Diabetes News' started by MrsA2, Mar 29, 2022.

Tags:
  1. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

2. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hmm. "Overweight & inactive??" As it suggests in the artical..

My dad was neither of these two.. But he did develope vascular dememtia..
    & in the early stages attempted to maitain the activity. Even attemting to hold down a part time job?
    ("Officially" retired three times. Couldn't give the early mornings up..)

I don't know about the article linked, @MrsA2 .. It don't seem to cover a lot in depth for me.? Usual lazy reporting catering to a low attention span viewing from a small phone screen?

3. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Should probably read "people with metabolic syndrome" rather than T2 specifically.

Sounds a bit too Heinz with the 57 varieties and I note they don't list them all!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. catinahat

catinahat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I wonder what fit, active, normal weight people die of ? Maybe they live forever

• Winner Winner x 3
  5. ickihun

ickihun Type 2 · Master

I'm no reporter but have always known that a type2 diabetes 'sufferer' losses up to 10yrs off their life expectancy.
    Hence why I hurried to lose as much weight as possible. And haven't regained any back.
    Health problems on top of being seriously over weight kills you early because of the myth that seriously overweight people don't care about their own health so why bother helping them if they don't.
    Now that should be looked into. :(

6. Lainie71

Lainie71 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

But were we not told of this before. I suspect they will be promoting the eat well plate again and not so much the lchf..

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook