1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

600 calories to "reverse" Type2

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by catherinecherub, Jun 24, 2011.

1. bowell

bowell · Well-Known Member

7LBS LOST IN ONE WEEK 3.18 KGs in new Money

NO MEDS :mrgreen:

BG AT GPs 5.2

One week down few more to go

Bob

2. Patch

Patch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Can't argue with that. 8)

3. viviennem

viviennem Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well done Bob! :p

Viv 8)

4. daisy1

daisy1 Type 2 · Legend
    Retired Moderator

Great going, Bob. The results show it's worth the effort :)

5. zanc

zanc · Well-Known Member

About 3 weeks ago I went to see my doctor about trying the 600cal diet. After our discussion, during which I showed my determination, he was very enthusiastic and said he was willing to support me. We both understand that it may not work, but that for 8 weeks of fasting it was worth trying. The reason for his enthusiasm could be that he does 1-2 days research a week on diabetes, and believes that it is important to see how this diet, if it works, can be applied in a normal surgery environment.

I have tried to assess my weight loss and being approx 86Kg at the moment, slightly overweight, I worked out that I would lose around 14Kg (and I'll still be in the normal weight range for my height). He will carry out a full blood test at the start and at the end, together with glucose sensitivity tests once a week. I've also been asked to keep a daily log describing what and when I eat, and what I feel.

My main concern is that I may not be able to concentrate at work, so I have planned to take a few days off work early in the fast, when apparently you feel the worst. I wonder if I can take it off as sick leave?

I'll keep you informed of my progress.

6. bowell

bowell · Well-Known Member

Feeling bad

That never happened to me at all ,,,mind you I do take a lot of Morphine
    so probably did not notice it 8)

Good luck with it ,,Drink and loads of water and keep us all tuned in

Just in case you have not spotted us the 600Kcals,,ers We are all down at the Weight Loss section

here
    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewforum.php?f=27

Bob

7. diabetesgetout

diabetesgetout · Newbie

I had an attack of diabetes and was diagnosed as insulin dependent for life, doctors don't gave me no hope of cure.
    I did six hundred calories treatment two years ago and I've healed.
    I'm completely healthy, my pancreas returned to produce insulin normally, my glucose levels are normal, now do not use any medication.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook