640G users....lanyard connection?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Recently got my 640G, very happy chappy, going live next Thursday.......Anyway, how do you/can you attach a lanyard to it???
TIA

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @porl69 I have to be honest I wouldn't want my 640g dangling from my neck, few reasons, it's attached to a cannula so needs to remain close to my body, also would be concerned about it hitting something and getting damaged or catching on something and my neck getting pulled, however if you feel you can wear it this way during the daytime then fine but sleep would be tricky.

Other options are attached by the belt clip so to the outside of your jeans/trousers or wear a pump belt, I use a lycra one I bought off ebay and wear it for sleep, exercise, day to day and have no probs with it.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Thanks @Juicyj didnt think of the swinging!!! Sometimes I think I should be blonde!!!!
I have slept with it just lying by my side with no problems and I toss and turn in my sleep (so my misses tells me anyway lol)
I will look into a pump belt on Ebay later on

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I thought I was the only blonde round here !! No worries, as it's something you have to wear 24/7 feeling comfortable and not letting it affect sleep is vital, I never have an issue with sleeping in the pump belt and I toss and turn alot, so it works fine :)

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I tried wearing my pump on a lanyard for a while. I stopped, though, because it kept swinging in an irritating fashion, and my neck didn't appreciate the extra load.

I have a 640G, and it's great. The only downside is that it doesn't have an 'upside-down' feature... I wear it on my belt, so it's always handy when I need to bolus or set a temp basal. But the display is 'right-side-up', meaning that it's great for anyone who's three feet high and wants to look at my pump, but when I curl over to do anything, it's upside down. So I actually wear it upside down, so that I don't have to unclip it from my belt.

Reactions: Justin04

Justin04

Hey mate. I sometimes wear mine on a lanyard. Normally it’s clipped on my belt but with my line of work, sometimes there are restricted places I have to access. Whenever I’m in these places now, i clip the belt clip directly onto the lanyard and wear it under my shirt. PS this is a reactive direction after getting tired of breaking cannula lines and belt clips. Those little bits of plastic that you entrust a very expensive piece of equipment on don’t handle any sort of shock load!