8 Week Blood Sugar Diet

Phorxy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
https://thebloodsugardiet.com/

Has anyone tried this? And has it worked for them? I'm contemplating starting it. Its low carb, but its also only around 800 calories a day. My bg has been around 13mmol atm and I want to try and bring this down.

Thanks,
Quinn

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Has anyone tried this? And has it worked for them? I'm contemplating starting it. Its low carb, but its also only around 800 calories a day. My bg has been around 13mmol atm and I want to try and bring this down.

Thanks,
Quinn
Hi Quinn, I tried this for a boost earlier this year (for 3 weeks) and found it very good for bg. I was getting fasting levels in the 4s (usually in the 6s) and felt great. I wasn't using the recipes from the website or book, just using my own meals in little portions and drinking lots of water. I hope to get back into it soon. If you are otherwise healthy and not taking bs lowering meds, I think it is a good plan.

Reactions: 4 people

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks,
Quinn
I wouldn't say it was an especially low carb approach but I think quite a lot of people here have tried it with some success. Recipes includes lot of carby things and don't give the carb content of the meals just the calories. I found it easier to ditch as many carbs as possible to get my blood sugars down. But as always that's just my take on things.

sandylane

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I am in week 5 of 8 and have now lost 13kg and reduced my fasting blood glucose from 6.6 to below 6.0....So far brilliant results; I can't recommend this diet enough.....

upload_2016-11-1_11-54-9.png

upload_2016-11-1_11-56-59.png

Total Weight Lost = 9.9 Kg

Start 01 October 16 Weight: 135.0 Kg Lost: 0.0 Kg FBG: 6.6 mmol/l
Week 1 07 October 16 Weight: 132.3 Kg Lost: 2.7 Kg FBG: 6.5 mmol/l
Week 2 14 October 16 Weight: 130.2 Kg Lost: 2.1 Kg FBG: 6.2 mmol/l
Week 3 21 October 16 Weight: 128.6 Kg Lost: 1.6 Kg FBG: 6.1 mmol/l
Week 4 28 October 16 Weight: 125.1 Kg Lost: 3.5 Kg FBG: 6.0 mmol/l

Total Weight Lost = 9.9 Kg

sandylane

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Go for it - after a week I have not had real hunger and have found it relatively easy. I can recommend using myfitnesspal to measure everything that goes in your mouth, and be sure to not exceeed both carbs and calories - it is important to heed both.

Today I put on a pair of 42 inch trousers for the first time in 15 years!

sandylane

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Week 5 Update

Another great week on this amazing diet. A further 3.5kg lost this week. Fasting blood glucose around 6.0 most days; hoping to pop into the 5's next week :)

upload_2016-11-4_15-53-21.png

upload_2016-11-4_15-54-10.png

Reactions: Avocado Sevenfold

berylc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
When people who know nothing about the LCHF diet tell me I'm killing myself being on it. I was killing myself not being on it!
I was on it and did really well and lost over 2 stone. I wasn't hungry on it, but after about 12 wks or more I slowly added bread and some carbs into my diet. I then started to feel hungry again, even eating large bars of aero to cheer me up (they didn't!) and started to gain weight. I'm now back onto the diet and feel much better. My weight is coming down again and hopefully my sugar levels. The diabetic nurse told me about the 8 wk diet and was very pleased with my results, but not so pleased when I went back last month as my levels had gone up slightly. But I'm back on the wagon again and eating properly. Michael Mosley's book cartainly helped me to take control of my diabetes. Give the book a go, it's well worth it!

sandylane

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi all, I have now reached the end of the 8 weeks of this diet; I will be continuing it, albeit at a 1,000 calorie a day level....

I am now no longer pre-diabetic!!! Wooooo Hooo!

My results....

Total Weight Lost = 18.7 Kg ( 3 stone!)
Average morning fasting blood glucose: 5.6 mmol/l, down from 6.6 mmol/l at the start.
HBA1C = 38, down from 46 at the start!

A particular shout out to @bulkbiker and @Brunneria whose contribution to this forum has been invaluable in helping me understand this condition!

upload_2016-11-26_18-5-18.png

upload_2016-11-26_18-5-59.png

VictorVillalobos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi all, I have now reached the end of the 8 weeks of this diet; I will be continuing it, albeit at a 1,000 calorie a day level....

I am now no longer pre-diabetic!!! Wooooo Hooo!

My results....

Total Weight Lost = 18.7 Kg ( 3 stone!)
Average morning fasting blood glucose: 5.6 mmol/l, down from 6.6 mmol/l at the start.
HBA1C = 38, down from 46 at the start!

A particular shout out to @bulkbiker and @Brunneria whose contribution to this forum has been invaluable in helping me understand this condition!

View attachment 21165

View attachment 21166
Sandy, congratulations on getting out of diabetic range !
But keep going ! there is still room for improvement!

Mosley diet is based on the New Castle study, from dr taylor, steven, etc. According with Dr Taylor, the key is an acute caloric restriction, what you eat is secondary.

sandylane

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Thanks Victor, absolutely will be keeping going, I have found this regime surprisingly easy. I have finally found an eating regime and method that works for me and I can live without traditional carbs (save an occasional treat!)

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks Victor, absolutely will be keeping going, I have found this regime surprisingly easy. I have finally found an eating regime and method that works for me and I can live without traditional carbs (save an occasional treat!)
That is the key IMHO. We all need an approach that is sustainable.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a marvellous achievement! WELL DONE! And thanks for the thanks! :D

lisajo2016

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Waiting for my book and glad I've just found your posts. They are encouraging. We'll done.