A Big Thank You to All

MikeStrutter

I joined upon diagnosis 3 months ago with an HbA1c of 52 and have avidly read all the posts and advice on here ever since. I had the results of my latest HbA1c this morning and it was 40! During the last 3 months I've low carbed and exercised and lost 3.5 stone in weight and feel great. So, thank you to everyone on here as it's down to you that I'm where I am - no advice/help from doctor beyond 'make a few minor lifestyle adjustments' - as I've learned so much from the site and forum. Just need to keep it up now

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done on your HbA1c and weight reduction in just 3 months, and getting down into non-diabetic figures! :)
And thanks for posting, it's always good to hear of successes and encouraging for others.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!
And remember you may have got all the info from here but it was you that put it into practice, all credit to you.

Reactions: MikeStrutter

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is an excellent achievement in a short time. Very well done. The forum may have given you advice but YOU took it on board and did all the hard work, so congratulate yourself! :)

The only problem now is, this is where the hard work really starts - keeping up the good work and maintaining your success. Keep reading and posting, and good luck.

Reactions: MikeStrutter

exjersey

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I joined upon diagnosis 3 months ago with an HbA1c of 52 and have avidly read all the posts and advice on here ever since. I had the results of my latest HbA1c this morning and it was 40! During the last 3 months I've low carbed and exercised and lost 3.5 stone in weight and feel great. So, thank you to everyone on here as it's down to you that I'm where I am - no advice/help from doctor beyond 'make a few minor lifestyle adjustments' - as I've learned so much from the site and forum. Just need to keep it up now
Well done. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Prem51 and jjraak

KMcRae

Well congratulations on your hard work great result. I have only just been diagnosed and started a low carb diet and is going good so far but just my 2nd week... Can I ask how much exercise you did

Reactions: Prem51