A little advice please?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys, Type 1 here.

I've been waiting quite a while for an appointment with my Diabetes Doctor due to Covid-19, finally got one for a couple of weeks time. HbA1c is 52. But I'm just looking for a bit of advice in the mean time on changing my background dose a little.

My BI is Lantus Glargine and on a morning I take 14units at around 10am, on a night at around 10pm I take 9 units. Looking at my 30 day daily chart would any of you suggest I change my dose to get better control? I know it could be a lot better.

I'm also on a 1:1 ratio with my quick acting insulin and 1 unit lowers my blood sugar around 3mmol. Thanks for the suggestions in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5875.PNG
    IMG_5875.PNG
    150.3 KB · Views: 110

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. That chart looks pretty good to me for the Basal. I would focus on the Bolus and find the best ratio for different times of the day

MarkMunday

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That curve could perhaps be flattened by tweaking basal infusion rates with a pump. But with injections, it doesn't get much better. Average blood glucose stays in the target range. Because it uses fast acting insulin, more targeted bolusing should help reduce excursions.