a little bit worried

marie.T1

hi all , my consultant and dsn think that a pump is the way forward for me and i agree . unfortunately the hospital that i attend doesn't have a pump clinic so i have been refered to a different hospital, i have got my first appointment on the 12th feb . the thing im worried about is that my new consultant might not agree with my old consultant and dsn. my question is can my new consultant say no to me having a pump? and if he does say no would i input help me ?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I personally would ask the old consultant or phone up the new consultants secretary and ask her if it is possible to have some guidance on what the outcome of this appt may be... Likely she will put you through to the pump dsn of the new consultant.
Express your concerns clearly and list them down first so you dont forget anything. Ask if you could be spared a few minutes on the phone pre appointment.
May work, may not.. But at least you have a fair chance of getting a pump by being sent to the other consultant...rather than your current consultant flatly refusing and leaving you with unsettled treatment with mdi

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
marie.T1 said:
hi all , my consultant and dsn think that a pump is the way forward for me and i agree . unfortunately the hospital that i attend doesn't have a pump clinic so i have been refered to a different hospital, i have got my first appointment on the 12th feb . the thing im worried about is that my new consultant might not agree with my old consultant and dsn. my question is can my new consultant say no to me having a pump? and if he does say no would i input help me ?

Good luck with your appointment on Tuesday, I would get in touch with your old consultant and Dsn to find out if there is a difference of opinion between the hospitals, then what happens next? I hope it goes well for you.

Take care and best wishes RRB

marie.T1

thanks for your replies guys x i have just got back from my appointment and its good news!!!! i can have a pump just gotta wait for funding. im soo happy xx

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Great news Marie... :clap:

Bet you are relieved and really chuffed they have agreed .

You can start to rummage through some posts in the pump threads .
With anything you are wondering about :think:

Once the funding comes through - they will get you set up on your new pump.
Hopefully you wont have too long to wait .
Am pleased things have gone soooo positive for you today . :)

Anna.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
marie.T1 said:
thanks for your replies guys x i have just got back from my appointment and its good news!!!! i can have a pump just gotta wait for funding. im soo happy xx

That really is good news, there's been quite a few members of late having success at switching to pump therapy, hope it all goes well Marie :thumbup:

marie.T1

thank you guys x im over the moon today . i just have 1 question that is how long does it usually take to get funding ? x

hi, i got my pump just over a year ago, funding didnt take long at all. the dsn will have to make you several appointments to go over all the pump stuff, i found that took longer. i think i waited about 2 months from being told i could have it to actually getting it, so hopefully wont be too long for you now.

marie.T1

oh thats good i thought i would be longer than that . hopefully i should be set up by my 40th birthday in may xx

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
marie.T1 said:
oh thats good i thought i would be longer than that . hopefully i should be set up by my 40th birthday in may xx
Marie - what a wonderful birthday pressie this would be ...
This has made me smile :D

Anna.