A Peculiar Question

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My response is that of the failed hypochondriac - I kept telling you there was something wrong.

hooha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
long queues.
You might as well add 'Danish' to that list.
Hello Biped ! Sorry to hear Danish is also poor info. When I read about Dr Andreas and the Swedish Govt. guidelines being updated to include LCHF I just assumed all of the Nordic Scandinavian countries were together on this.

hooha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
long queues.
I kind of brace myself, and wait to see what mindset the person has.

Are they T1, T2, T3? Low carb, high carb, Healthy Plate, I-eat-wot-I-like-and-don't-you-dare-infringe-my-civil-liberties-by-implying-my-eating-ain't-perfick.

Are they young, old, fit, unfit, active, sedentary? Any other health issues? co-morbidities? Religious or ethical beliefs affecting diet choice and treatment options?

What medications are they on?
What previous experiences have they had with doctors, nurses, consultants, emergency services, family history...

And are they in the slightest bit interested in talking about D?
Most people aren't. Or they KNOW EVERYTHING about D already and want to lecture me. Interminably.

Gotta respect all that. Except for the lecturing. Can't be bothered with that.

Basically, I avoid the subject completely, with anyone who hasn't chosen to be on this or other forums, unless they already know my interest in the subject. I certainly don't discuss it with health care professionals. I haven't met many who are interested in discussion. We have had a few exchanges of view, though. And several HCPs have gone out of their way to avoid discussion, and lecture instead.
Dear Brunneria - That is a very comprehensive list. I have come across the I-eat-wot-I-like-and-don't-you-dare-infringe- etc in one guy I was trying to ' help' , as I sat beside him, his wife tending to his foot ulcers, he was not interested. I have also met quite a few who don't want to talk about D at all.
I always thank my lucky stars for the Internet and Diabetes.co.uk

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Frustrating ! with a Capital F

Last edited:

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Sorry to hear Danish is also poor info.
Not to worry. I suspect that Sweden and Norway are ahead of us as far as LCHF is concerned, but I don't really know. If I look at the Danish site for the main diabetic organisation the recipes and advice look very eat well'ish. That's one of the reasons why I'm here :) A diabetes refugee. Hope you guys don't chuck me out come Brexit ;)