A PERSONAL REQUEST ...

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
BlindFaith said:
Sending huge hugs, positive vibes and loads of healing, happy and good thoughts to you and little Jakob.

Stay strong, hon and please keep us all updated.
((((HUGS))))

Thanks BlindFaith ... I'm accepting all hugs and passing them on! :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hello gracek.

Am sending you more (((hugs))) and thoughts plus prayers for little jakob
and his weary worried mother and family.

Please keep us all updated and lean on our support , stay strong too...
Not an easy time for you all currently.

Much love,thoughts,prayers.

Anna.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
anna29 said:
Hello gracek.

Am sending you more (((hugs))) and thoughts plus prayers for little jakob
and his weary worried mother and family.

Please keep us all updated and lean on our support , stay strong too...
Not an easy time for you all currently.

Much love,thoughts,prayers.

Anna.

Thanks Anna ... I really appreciate the hugs and prayers and kind words from everyone. I'd reached spill over point yesterday and had a good old whinge, mainly because I'd run out of things to ask and to say to Jakub's Mum and because I can't even give her and Jakub a physical hug.

Today I received a bit of a strange message from his Mum ... she said the doctors told her today that they had suspected brain cancer but that she was thankful it's not that. Next message was to tell me Jakub is coming home today, he's still not himself, is on lots of meds and she's been told he's not to go to school obviously, as he's nowhere near ready or able. But he's also not to have too many people around him and not too much excitement, plenty of rest. There has still been no firm diagnosis given, so it's all still a bit of a mystery. She said he's still a very sick little boy and he's very, very nervous but glad he's coming home where they can both relax. It was a short message as she had to dash off to work and I honestly don't know how the poor woman has managed over the past month and I take my hat off to Jakub for being the little fighter that he is.

Many, many thanks to everyone for their prayers and wishes and support - it's meant a great deal to us all. :thumbup:

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I just wanted to thank everyone for their positive thoughts, good wishes, prayers and vibes for little Jakub. I didn't hear much from his Mum over the holiday period because he was discharged from hospital and she literally had her hands full so I just stayed in the background and waited to hear from her when she had time.

Jakub is home, he's now walking again but still a wee bit unsteady, he has to have a quiet life, no excitement, no hassle and no school until around March or April. Still no firm diagnosis other than a 'possible virus'. His Mum said he's a lot happier now but obviously he's had a very scary time so he's taking a while to get back to his normal, boisterous self.

His Mum is obviously chuffed to bits he's home and getting better but she's had no time herself to recover from the shock and the emotional upheaval an experience like that causes.

Many, many thanks again to everyone who sent out their thoughts to Jakub and his Mum and to me throughout that awful period. :clap: :clap:

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good news GraceK :clap:
Best wishes to all for 2013.

Regards
Angie

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is so nice to hear,

Lets hope Jakub has a good time off school and his mum enjoys all that extra time with her little boy until he is back at school.

You must be over the the moon, I am so pleased for you as it must be difficult not being close to some of your lovely family.

Roy, :)