GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
WhitbyJet said:
I also have a candle burning for Jakub x

Thank you so much Whitby. We should know a bit more today but I haven't heard anything today as yet. I'm itching to phone but I know his Mum and Gran are with him so I don't want to disturb them, but my sister, his great grandmum will phone me as soon as she hears how he is.

It's really strange because in my family to my knowledge, 3 of us have come down with 'immune related allergic' conditions over the last 3 years that the doctors say they don't know the cause of.

Little Jakub who lives in Poland, and myself and my youngest son who live in UK. We've all had angioedema, chronic urticaria and anaphylaxis on several occasions but the little fella seems to suffer most, I can't count the number of serious infections he's had that don't respond to antibiotics. But what puzzles me is that my son had his first attack in 2008 at the age of 30 and I had mine in 2010
at the age of 57. So that made me think that some kind of genetic time capsule has triggered this in my family. I asked for tests for hereditary angioedema (which does exist) and all I got was shrugs of the shoulders and was told it was highly unlikely. I've gone from being a person who only saw a doctor because I worked for them in hospitals to having so many appointments in various areas of medicine, it's becoming a challenge to remember where I'm going next!

And the immunologist of all people, is the one who discharged me from his very busy clinic where he tested me for things like dogs, wheat and dustmites and not surprisingly, found very little in the form of allergy response. He didn't test me for chemical allergies, food allergies or the myriad of other things we can be allergic to before discharging me and dismissing my very real concerns for my sons and four grandsons. So let's hope they don't become the next burden on the NHS in future years because I have a bloody audit trail and a note of every appointment I've had and what the response has been to my concerns - just in case I or my family are ever accused of our allergies being the result of 'lifestyle choices'.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Grace, so sorry to hear this. My now 22 year old son had meningitis septicaemia when only 20 months old and thankfully pulled through after what felt like a lifetime for his mother and I, but modern medicine can work wonders Grace so stay as positive as you can do and my thoughts are with you, your family and young Jakub.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Poor little mite. I shall certainly be thinking of him and sending him positive thoughts and ((((((HUGS))))))

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Sid Bonkers said:
Grace, so sorry to hear this. My now 22 year old son had meningitis septicaemia when only 20 months old and thankfully pulled through after what felt like a lifetime for his mother and I, but modern medicine can work wonders Grace so stay as positive as you can do and my thoughts are with you, your family and young Jakub.

Thank you Sid ... and I'm so sorry your son was so ill but so glad to hear he made a full recovery. That's very encouraging to hear at this time.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
daisy1 said:
Poor little mite. I shall certainly be thinking of him and sending him positive thoughts and ((((((HUGS))))))

Thank you Daisy ... by now Jakub should be feeling all these lovely positive thoughts and vibes from the diabetes.co.uk forum - so there's yet another wonderful role it plays in people's lives. :)

Sassco

I will light a candle and say a special prayer for Jakub & his family. May you all receive God's blessings for health, happiness, peace & love now & always. Please keep us informed. Sending much love to you all.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I've heard from Jakub's Mum that he's still unconscious and can't move at all. They said he has a lot of fluid on the brain and he's on IV's of antibiotics etc to see if he responds to them. His Mum was too scared to allow the lumbar puncture because of the risk of further infection, so for the moment there's not much change. She sends her thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts, as do I.
:thumbup:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hope the little fella makes a full recovery Grace.

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Ahhh bless the little boy :angel:
Keep 'strong' grace ... - We're here for you .x

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
You'll be happy to know that the The Jakub Tree is working! See the post called Weekend Fun for that.

I sent a copy of it to his Mum and told her that lots of people from diabetes.co.uk are sending good vibes to Jakub and she's asked me to send you all her thanks once again and to tell you that Jakub has just opened his eyes and is trying to talk. Yippeeeeeeeee!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you all! :thumbup:

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Phew am so relieved to hear this wonderful news grace :D

Please send all our love,thoughts and prayers to little Jakob , his mother and family.
He is still very poorly and in our thoughts yet ...

Anna.

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Apparently he's hungry now ... :lol: :lol: :lol: My sister phoned me and said not long after he opened his eyes, he began asking for food ... so that's a good sign ... I'm happy with that. :D :D :D

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos! Chocolate withdrawal....
My thoughts and prayers are with you all and I pray that god will grant you all the gift of hope and faith.

I really hope he improves soon,
Kirsty

BaliRob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Noisy dogs and loud music especially low-note drumming
Rob sends his support

Cobra3164

Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi Gracek. I am sorry to hear that news, my wife and myself are Born Again Christians we pray every day for many things and people and be sure this is on our everyday list until he fully recovers I will also ask our prayer group to include him in their prayers.

I pray the love and mighty Grace of Jesus be on his life and that the healing of the Holt Spirit be upon and in his body mending and bringing into line all that needs to be healed. I also pray that even after healing that he is guarded and guided in life and kept away from all devices set against him in the MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS, AMEN.

Simon aka Cobra3164

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
Many, many thanks for all the wonderful prayers, good wishes, vibes and healing thoughts being sent to Jakub. :thumbup:

I've just heard from his Mum ... he's had an allergic reaction to the contrast medium used so they've postponed the lumbar puncture because he isn't up to it. He still has mobility and speech problems as a result of the encephalitis which they're putting down to either a viral infection or his immune system attacking his brain. He's still on IV everything and is sleeping most of the time but when he's awake he's asking for food and drink. He's not out of the woods yet but still fighting. :)