a1c how to better control your sugar levels

willsmithjr2

I just wanted to share with everyone how I as a type 2 have been beating the odds by first excersicing for over 4 months long and hard. Running at least 1 mile every 3 days a week, running up stairs approx 200 up then down at least onc a week, riding a bike for at least 4 to 8 miles in the same day. Dieting with a salad using apple cider vinigar two tea spoons. adding one half of chicken breast, drinking approx 2 liters of water, no soda and unsweeten tea cold or hot. I also drink coffee decafinated in the morning one cup with toast, two eggs and two slices of beacon. dinner another salad with white chicken meat not after 7 pm.

Now this sounds like a lot, but I must say it became routine and it was only then it became easy. I took myself to the gym and worked out every morning for 6 weeks 7am till 11am thats 4 hours a day using weights on my core, and stretching, leg runner, tread mill in which I started at 5 mph and with a 5 % incline. at my 6th week I maxed the whole unit and caused it to shut off, and I not kidding. I was up to 15% incline at 10.1 mph for approx 45 sec then down to 10 % incline with 8 mph this incresed my 1.5 mile from a 14 min mile and half to a 6min mile.

Now I will say this to all everyone cant do this I know, I was that person but now I'm hoping to motavat you all this is not a joke this did happen and I am still working on my body. My weight went from 272 lbs down to 252lbs and I feel great.
I had my A1C test done two months ago it was 7.6, now I just retook it days ago it was 6.6. I also incresed my suppliment with Chromium Picolinate 1000 mg and two table spoons of apple cider vingar on my salads, this help me with my metabolism and sugar control. The apple cider help to clean my blood and green tea tables help keep me regular. 6.6 IT NOT BAD WHEN i WAS 9.5 6 month ago and the doctor was ready to put me on insulin. I said no way I,m gonna beat this and I did, so you can too.

Ask your doctor first as I did and do only whats right for you, but do it!! dont sit at home get out get socialize.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Fine for those with the ability, but when age and arthritis has taken its toll, its a hard enough task just taking daily care of one's self and making ends meet with the help of an equally creaking old better half. . . oh how I miss my youth and mobility :(

Grazer

Have you posted before under a different name, recently? Your post sounds remarkably similar. What I would say is well done on your improvement, and yes exercise is very important, but diet equally so and I don't think you've quite cracked that yet if your A1c was 6.6 with all that exercise. So you're getting there, but you need to keep at it and look at what you eat.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello willsmithjnr.

Sorry, not impressed. I have mobility issues, yet I have still managed to get my HbA1x level down to 5.8 with very little exercise and loads of dietary control. So all the effort for you and only a 6.6 is not very good.

And even if i could exercise like that, I wouldnt have the time.

Your style seems very familiar, as does your story.....................

willsmithjr2

I guess my attempt to help motivate revealed a lot of jealous personalities. For those that can benefit from my story and others like it you have accomplished a great improvement in your life so continue. As far as this story being repeated or sounds similar that wasn’t me and that means that there are others with better and a much stronger work out ethics and again I congratulate you. Those whom had a special negative comment with a person trying to help other shame on you and you need to find a hobby in bill collections that would be your best attribute.

I am a retired Master Sgt. USMC and to this date I help motivate all veterans, by volunteering and taking them to the park to run, fish, and shoot for enjoyment. The motivation that I have comes from others helping me and I dare not look down upon them nor would I write a hateful response to a gratifying real life story in my journey to survive any decease. I am well respected and have many friends in high places, but I never ever will turn my back on anyone no matter their race, greed, gender or religion. You see I am a true American that gave 22 years for my country and still give in a different way as this story have taken me.

Good luck to you all Semper Fi M.Sgt. USMC

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Did you not read it!!! Some people don't have the movement that you have. No worries you won't be back.

Regenerating

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi i read both points of view ... Both have valid points... Ive recently been trying to recover from cancer of the womb and have endured a hysterectomy proir to this and im 55 folks i enjoyed going to the gym ..
It hurt to go but my back pain improved during the time i went.. I also have arthritic knees from an operation in my childhood ... I know how it feels not to be able to move fir the pain...
Ive had type two diabetes for many years...

Im typically overweight however i managed to drop four stones and come off the metformin which incidentally kills your bowels and has some awful side effects!

Got my level down to normal range but knocked out all processed food tinned packeted everything fresh i even make my own bread i can control whats in it and wholemeal really is not just white bread mase briwn! Lol
Im here to say that there a way and im just embarking on it... To reduce if not altogether iradicate your type two diabetes...

Im not saying this will work for everyone but as with all things its not an easy option but its worthwhile.
The food we eat
Western diet is full of rubbish we dont need.. Half the time we eat it because we are too busy to cook prepare etc
Heres the bit that will sting.... No meat... No dairy ... Just veggies of every type and fruit ... Yes fruit! Although fruit has levels of fructose in the amounts youll consume wont affect you as would eating purely refined sugar.
Juicing raw veg and fruit is the way to start bring yourself a better way of life ... Going raw completely is the only way to naturally repair the bodies malfunctioning and processing of sugar .
Im no doctor ! But i go on the evidence and going raw even seventy five percent can help diabetes suffers tremendously.
Check out liferegenerator.com on youtube and start to repair what modern chemicals in food have done to your body... Good luck

rtee

Have just skimmed through this thread and picking up on one thing ( though there are more!!!)

Although fruit has levels of fructose in the amounts youll consume wont affect you as would eating purely refined sugar.
I know for a fact that my Bgs shoot up when I eat too much fruit . The only time I've hit double figures was the result of fresh figs.

I agree with the regulars who've answered re ability to exercise, either time or physical wise AND these results can be bettered by careful food choices.

However if you want to go this way, Willsmith and regenerator then that's your choice.

Defren

WHAT??? Get out of it... My last HbA1c was 4.9 I wouldn't want your result - thanks anyway!!

Sure two other 'people' have posted very similar 'stories' recently!

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
This has just got to be a wind up, surely..

If only those who post "motivational" stories would check out what is already written first, motivation is one thing that this forum is certainly not lacking. Accusations of jealousy and negativity, closely followed by no meat, no dairy, all raw veg, fruits and Metformin killing the bowels? :shock:

Surprised this little lot made it through the censor! :lol: