1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Abbot ( Libre sensors) delivery delay

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by enzina, Jan 16, 2019.

1. enzina

enzina LADA · Well-Known Member

I have ordered three sensors from Abbotts website on the 9th of January. The full amount showed as pending immediately in my bank account. Since yesterday the money is back in my account and i still haven't received the sensors. Status shows "on hold" in my Abbott account.
    This morning i have finally called them but the operator knew absolutely nothing and was not able to put me through to a manager or supervisor! I'm fuming, last night i accidently knocked off a sensor and have just put on my last one.
    I will go to Superdrug later today and hope i can order (and receive) some there. Has anyone else problems to get sensors?

2. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Hello @enzina, I take it you ordered these online ? I never had an issue ordering online, got an email confirmation afterwards, did you receive this ? I doubt there's much they can do, so try not to stress about it, stress is the last thing you need with diabetes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I spoke with Abbotts on Monday morning to report a "knocked off" sensor and the man I spoke to said there was a 14 day wait

• Like Like x 1
  4. enzina

Thanks for the replies. @Juicyj , yes i have received a confirmation and the order also shows in the account. I never had any issues before, last time the sensors took about a week to arrive.

I forgot to say that i have ordered over the phone because i couldn't log into my account for days, the website seemed to be down.

5. Deleted Account

Deleted Account · Guest

I get my sensors from Asda pharmacy (because that is the cheapest place I have found for them). I phone Asda and they order on demand. Typically, this takes 2 working days.
    I order some sensors on Friday afternoon. Yesterday, I received a call to say they are available to collect.
    So, it doesn't look as if Asda is experiencing any delay

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wjohn

Wjohn Type 1 · Well-Known Member

7. Wjohn

Dear Lada ,
    I tried to anticipate any delays in supply of Libre ,(I was purchasing them ,but now have them by NHS prescription ) .So contacted Abbott the verbal reply I got ,was , due to uncertainty with Brexit ,they are giving priority to Europe .???
    My last prescription was 10 days late ,so I would advise taking precautions . Remember our government does not tell the truth .
    Wjowen

8. enzina

Well, i'm very surprised you got this answer. I have spoken to Abbott several times and tried to get any info on the Brexit subject but call centre agents are strongly instructed not to give any answer regarding this subject.
    I now have ordered and received from Superdrug within a day!

9. Wjohn

Try’s Scottish accent ,
    Wjo

10. Framps7

Framps7 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

What are these???

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook