Abdominal pain caused by high blood sugar?

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Can abdominal pain be caused by high blood sugar/diabetes? it's a dull pain, been hurting on and off for a while now.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
im not sure about that buti think ketones can give stomach pains :D

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah but I am quite stressed at the moment, and worried about uni, so I don't know what is down to that. My hands are slightly swollen, they were yesterday too, I noticed a funny smell earlier don't know if that is me or not (though in student accomodation it could be anything!), have been feeling a bit sick but that could be because of the stomach pain (which feels very like period pain, but there's been no bleeding), having trouble concentrating but that's because of the stress I'm sure, and I'm tired but that could purely be lack of sleep because of the noise in student halls. I always drink a lot (water etc not alcohol), what most people would consider an excessive amount, I don't think I'm drinking more that usual.

I do have some coursework due in, which I am having trouble with, so I really do suspect a lot of it is 'in the mind'. Though not the swollen hands, that's definatly real, but it could be the cold I guess?

Just went out and bought a blood glucose meter, it said 12.3 mmol/l which is high but not 'your dying!' high, I think?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
are u diabetic??

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
ok ive looked through your posts and u are, do u have any ketone sticks?

HLW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No all I was given from the doctor were urine test strips for glucose. There are drop in sessions with the nurse at the doctor's at the univerisy in the morning, I'm going to go along to that, they will be able to check my blood sugar more accuratly I assume. 'Eat better' will probably be what they say.