1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Achieve your ideal weight

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by Landry, Apr 3, 2009.

1. wiflib

wiflib Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

It's OK all.

I have no intention of continuing a silly debate. It is up to the reader to decide on what is right for them. When I read HCP's giving advice specific that is based on their own experience and not evidence based practice, I have to say something though.

wiflib

ps Ally. I am not, and have never been anti-dairy. I eat tons of cream and cheese and drink milk.

2. ally5555

ally5555 · Well-Known Member

it is evidence based of course - trawl the journals there is enough there on calorie restriction plus all the work done on the DRVs which are being reviewed . In fact i have heard on the grape vine that calcium reqts may be increased

3. tubolard

tubolard · Well-Known Member

My last word :shock: Enough :!:

Tubs.

4. belinda_b

belinda_b · Well-Known Member

I breast fed all my four (adults now), and had little in the way of dairy products because I don't like them...except for cheese, and my teeth are all still intact, and no bone density problems. Although I wasn't diabetic then, I ate pretty much as I wanted apart for avoiding stuff that upset the baby and I don't drink alcohol anyway.

I think the one thing that stands out for me is the assumption nowadays that if you don't manage to get down to your pre-prgnancy weight within a couple of months then you are eating too much/not trying hard enough/lazy etc....it's more important to be happy and healthy and enjoy your baby. If it's thriving and gaining weight within normal ranges, carry on the way you are, in my opinion, watch your carbs but eat plenty otherwise and don't get obsessed about your weigh.

5. samcogle

samcogle · Well-Known Member

Well said :D

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook