Achieve your ideal weight

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's OK all.

I have no intention of continuing a silly debate. It is up to the reader to decide on what is right for them. When I read HCP's giving advice specific that is based on their own experience and not evidence based practice, I have to say something though.

wiflib

ps Ally. I am not, and have never been anti-dairy. I eat tons of cream and cheese and drink milk.

ally5555

it is evidence based of course - trawl the journals there is enough there on calorie restriction plus all the work done on the DRVs which are being reviewed . In fact i have heard on the grape vine that calcium reqts may be increased

tubolard

Dislikes
Fasteddie; Richard K Bernstein; William S. Atkins; Rosemary Bloody Conley;
My last word :shock: Enough :!:

Tubs.

belinda_b

I breast fed all my four (adults now), and had little in the way of dairy products because I don't like them...except for cheese, and my teeth are all still intact, and no bone density problems. Although I wasn't diabetic then, I ate pretty much as I wanted apart for avoiding stuff that upset the baby and I don't drink alcohol anyway.

I think the one thing that stands out for me is the assumption nowadays that if you don't manage to get down to your pre-prgnancy weight within a couple of months then you are eating too much/not trying hard enough/lazy etc....it's more important to be happy and healthy and enjoy your baby. If it's thriving and gaining weight within normal ranges, carry on the way you are, in my opinion, watch your carbs but eat plenty otherwise and don't get obsessed about your weigh.

samcogle

belinda_b said:
I breast fed all my four (adults now), and had little in the way of dairy products because I don't like them...except for cheese, and my teeth are all still intact, and no bone density problems. Although I wasn't diabetic then, I ate pretty much as I wanted apart for avoiding stuff that upset the baby and I don't drink alcohol anyway.

I think the one thing that stands out for me is the assumption nowadays that if you don't manage to get down to your pre-prgnancy weight within a couple of months then you are eating too much/not trying hard enough/lazy etc....it's more important to be happy and healthy and enjoy your baby. If it's thriving and gaining weight within normal ranges, carry on the way you are, in my opinion, watch your carbs but eat plenty otherwise and don't get obsessed about your weigh.
Well said :D